Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,432   Online: 986

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Buying a Contax T2 was a revelation that led to me selling my Nikon gear. Admittedly the T2 is heavier and bigger than the XA. Prices of all quality film compact cameras are especially low at present.

Agree the T4/5 are good lenses and cameras, but would also add the Ricoh GR1 or GR10 as worthy of consideration, excellent lens and light through use of magnesium I believe. The lenses are a little wider though.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I would add to the list the rollie 35s.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    How about the other olympis offerings? The RC, RD, nice little cameras with lenses equal or better than the XA. of course you lose that cool clam shell design.

Shooter
    35mm

contax t3

I would say Contax T3, which is robust. It produces an SLR camera quality, so it can be used for all kinds of purpose. I've used for about four years and always been amazed by it. The price may be too high to consider buying it right away, but believe me it is a real tool that you can rely on especially when you're travelling abroad and don't want to be noticed as a photographer.

The 35mm lens is F 2.8, and the shutter speed goes up to 1/1000 of a second. It has an EV setting also among other features.

If you want something smaller than that, you have to search for the latest models of digital P&S cameras, which I know nothing about.

Shooter
    35mm

more on the camera suggestion

I used to have an Olympus Stylus a.k.a. "Mju" before. It was the 35mm fixed lens type, which I loved especially when taking color photos because the lens was nice and soft. But one day, I dropped it on concrete, and that was the end of the plastic-coated camera. It popped and the lens got stuck.

That doesn't mean the titan-coated T3 can survive in such an accident. But it certainly has survived in hard use.

Also, I've read some reviews on T3, and I'm certain it has weakness. One of the things that seems common but I have not really thought as an issue is the camera's exposure reading, which produces underexposed pictures. However, the way I expect this small compact camera is to allow me to photograph in moments where I normally wouldn't otherwise. And this camera becomes more like my right hand and responds relatively well to that. So, the exposure issue for me is secondary unless it's severe. I think that can be said about a lot of P&S cameras in general.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have snice bought another XA2 a Stylus a Stylus Epic.

The Stylus was cheap and clicks alot so all it does is sit around the house with a roll of film in it, not good for regular use. I was thinking of getting anouther Stylus Epic body so I have somthing to put fast B&W film into, buit I can't bring myself to buy another Epic, What I really want is a camera with more controls, can any one think of a modern camera that has that?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin