Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,434   Online: 830

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

OK so I lost my XA So now what?

I bought an Olympus XA-2 as a go anywere Camera that I could take to work ETC, But After one roll of film I lost it.

I do want another one because the quality was amazing, I don't want to get into the SLR debate, but it when it come to tiny little compacts Film cameras chuck there digital couterparts on the flore and Kick the Crap out of them for quility (and yes I have seen the F10) Things arn't going to get any better untill the sensors get bigger, more likely to get worse because of the amout of pixels they shove in them.

OK So the origionaly XA is expensive, what about a more modern offering whats the mju-1 like is the lens better than that of the classics? I can get the mju-1 for £15. Does anyone have any other Sugestions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cant think of a better camera than a QL17 - reliable,tiny, great lens, easy to load quickly - and even capable of auto exposure. Did I say tiny?
    But, it may not be up your alley.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry about the loss of your camera. To cheer you up a bit: some months ago I purchased an XA with flashgun and leather bag for € 40.-

Interesting link: www.diaxa.com
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an XA question, do all of the XA's vignette the frame corners?
    I love the results with mine, but cannot print the full frame because of the fall off. Just wondering if mine is one of a kind, as it is one of the first ones when they became available?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Charles,
    Never noticed any fall-off with my XA. What did happen, more often than I would like to admit, was that because of the small size of the camera I inadvertently covered part of the lens with my finger when taking a snappy.

Regards
    Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Webb
    I have an XA question, do all of the XA's vignette the frame corners?
    I often got some corner light falloff with my XA, especially with clear blue skies, which makes it very noticeable.

Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I sold my XA years ago after looking long and hard at the output it produced and wound up afterwards buying a Minox 35mm GTE. The lens is unbelieveable, better then my old XA, but the camera has guess focusing so your usually working with the hyperfocal method.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk
    Does anyone have any other Sugestions?
    Yashica T4 Super (T5 on the other side of the pond). Zeiss lens. There's a little light falloff at the corners, but the sublime sharpness and contrast (much better than the XA) makes up for it. Fairly inexpensive, but only available used, as there was a contract dispute between Yashica and Zeiss over the use of the lens.

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another vote for the T4. Waist level finder and "waterproof" too (I think they mean puddle-resistant.) No controls, but then, it's better than I am at this point, so I don't complain much. Always makes me want to get better at using my MF and LF cameras - so that I can match the quality of negative that I get with that little point and shoot sucker!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had (still have) a Oly mju-II, great optics and everything but the winder and autofocus mechanism was too noisy for me. Even worse: You need to turn OFF the flash everytime you open the lid. That's why I started to look at pre-autofocus age compact cameras. At cameraquest.com you have a good description of the cameras that had something to offer at that time (and today). I also have a XA, although the lens is not that great at f2.8 it does a good job at f8. That camera is always in my pocket - it's a lifestyle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin