Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,089   Online: 925

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by detune
    Nikon F100 huh... hmmm convince me!! Can it use my Canon gear...? Same lins fit etc etc?
    Nope, you can't use your Canon lenses on the Nikon F100 (or any other Nikon).
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    aaahh figured... unless you have some sort of coverter or sumthin like they used on the Corpse Bride....? I believe that was shot on 1Ds II's with Nikon lens' :o

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Superb. I have owned 1nRS's and have a 3 and an HS right now.

If you own canon stuff now there would not be a single good reason to change syetems. The 3 is as good as it get in this price bracket bar none. In the opinion of every review I have read, it is a better camera than the f100 and scored higher marks. My only gripe is the more plasticky feel compared to NIkons. Still, the autofocus and ergonomics is in a league of its own.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If you still have a relatively small kit, it would be worthwhile to hire a couple of other type of cameras to see what brand you like the best.

Don't lock yourself into a camera system, simply for the sake of an inexpensive lens (if that is what you have). Remember, the camera that works best for you - weight, size, features, etc.- is the one you don't have to think about while taking pictures; leaving you free to concentrate on the subject.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stanworth
    In the opinion of every review I have read, it is a better camera than the f100 and scored higher marks.
    That`s only because Canon Marketing and PR department are much more Westernized than the conservative Japonese Nikon.
    You can buy all the reviews and in that respect, Canon`s market strategy is by far more effective and better implemented than Nikon`s one.
    Have you used FD lenses lately on your EOS 3?

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Better is so subjective. Canon is far more advanced in terms of lenses it's like night & day. Nikon makes great product but so does Canon. Canon is more willing to develop cutting edge optics & Nikon tends to follow their developments.
    If you have Canon there's certainly no practical reason to change unless you're keeping up with the Jones'.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    well its turning into a bit of a mission to get an EOS3 in my country... and I'm too impatient to wait on ordering one from the US... I've also been advised the EOS 30v is actually a good camera, I just need to get an IR trigger for my flashes or one of those little hub things for sync chords.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by detune
    well its turning into a bit of a mission to get an EOS3 in my country... and I'm too impatient to wait on ordering one from the US... I've also been advised the EOS 30v is actually a good camera, I just need to get an IR trigger for my flashes or one of those little hub things for sync chords.
    If the EOS3 didn't require you to pay GST when it came in through customs (I've forgotten what the tax-free price limit is), shipping from the US is surprisingly fast. I've ordered lots of stuff from B&H in New York, and it's always arrived within 5 working days to Wellington.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    yeah I was lookin at B&H, just gonna try this place www.progear.co.nz first and see what happens there... The price for a body is pretty much the same as from B&H with postage.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    gah.. thats it.. looks like no new EOS3's in NZ... :o
    in fact I just got told they've been discontinued :o
    well I ordered a 16-35L and an IR trigger so I'll sit on the film camera decision for a while. Looks like if I want a 3 new I'll have to order from B&H... (or somewhere overseas).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin