Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,580   Online: 1159

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker
    It seems that there's less and less of a chance for any camera stores to sell any high-end film equipment. .
    There is less and less of a chance for camera stores even to exist at all. Like consumer electrionics they've been hit hard by internet sales. The glut of cheap film equiptment we all see makes sales of new stuff harder.

Why buy a new F6 when you can get a F5 for a fraction of the price.
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by panchromatic
    Next time i talk to my nikon rep i'll ask him,
    Your rep won't know a thing until a pink slip appears in his pay envelope.
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd say one of the reasons for the lack of interest in film cameras by the major companies is the fact that used equipment is so readily available now through the auction sites as opposed to a few years ago. Instead of buying new cameras (which I personally haven't in about 15 years), people are buying up good used equipment. I mean, seriously, how much better can film camera technology get than the F6 (not that I would buy one)?

I'd be interested to see what happens to the lens market since digital SLRs have that stooopid 1.6x lens conversion thing. Will they stop producing prime lenses?
    Ara
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Shooter
    35mm
    I recall reading on Nikonians that it looks like Nikon wants to be the LAST manufacturer developing 35mm technology.

We can only hope…

Jon.

Shooter
    35mm

Canon D5

I'm leaning more towards Canon than Nikon these days especially since Canon has come up with EOS D5, which is its latest digital techinology still carrying the 35mm film camera quality. No lens conversion issue is here, and the price is just compatible as Nikon D whatever.

I don'y think I'll buy any of the high-end digital cameras any time soon because it's just wasting money, but it may not be bad to just rent for some gigs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I bought the EOS3 so that I could compete with those using cameras such as the Canon 1DsII which has amazing quality for a digital camera but the body alone costs too much for me. I'm hoping to use film as my main camera so I hope that companies do not phase out film so soon, Nikon or Canon...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker
    I'm leaning more towards Canon than Nikon these days especially since Canon has come up with EOS D5, which is its latest digital techinology still carrying the 35mm film camera quality.

"Which is the latest digital technology to carrying the 35mm camera quality"......hmm, I have never seen a camera that carries the same quality as film and I have shot many megapixel 4x5 backs...I guess quality is in the eye of the beholder, and this beholder is still convinced film is better than digital.

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    "Which is the latest digital technology to carrying the 35mm camera quality"......hmm, I have never seen a camera that carries the same quality as film and I have shot many megapixel 4x5 backs...I guess quality is in the eye of the beholder, and this beholder is still convinced film is better than digital.

Dave
    I meant the hardware part, that has the feel of it, and you don't have to think about the lens conversion ratio if you switch from EOS 1v unlike Nikon. That's all.

But when I shoot B&W, I never count on any digital devices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by laz
    Why buy a new F6 when you can get a F5 for a fraction of the price.
    Exactly. I just bought a mint F5 in the original box for less than half the price of a F6. However my dealer has F6's flying off the shelves. He now has 15 used F5's to get rid of. I do find my large B&W prints to be better than what I'm getting from my D2X. (ISO 50 and 100 developed in XTOL).

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    Bently?

Where did you hear the F6 will be the last film camera? I was just talking to the Nikon Rep last weeks at the local Pro shop, and he was telling us they are still doing RD on a couple of new models of film cameras(SLR) and other P&S film cameras?

So just curious.

Dave
    New P&S?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin