Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,216   Online: 908

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk
    New P&S?
    P&S = Point and Shoot Pocket cameras

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    P&S = Point and Shoot Pocket cameras

Dave
    Yes I know that, The point I was making is that I am insure Nikon are makinga new P&S camera and if it is its prolly a rangefinder.

Quote Originally Posted by gnashings
    I think this is just another case of nearsighted self serving behaviour from a retailer. I get this all the time - even with things the stores have in stock, they look at me as an unwanted pest because I cling to film. I hear a horror story every time I walk in, and its usually delivered with a smirk.
    Just two days ago, my local Henry's store clerk informed me that they havve very little film becuae manufacturers are "not shipping it" - and made that face like she was about to call security...
    Screw her - I told her that I like to support my local stores before they all go away, but with their attitude, I dont see the point.
    This Nikon story seems like more of the same, that smirking little attitude that says: "So, what are you going to do now, huh?".
    Sounds like thangs are worse in your part of the world.

Seriously though more than the rise of digital its the swarm of second hand gear going around which is really making film camera market stagnent if you ask me a new camera is way to do it, I could only find 3 EOS 33vs for sale on eBay the other day, if they did make an F85 I would expect faster AF, Slightly Faster Frame rate the fancy metering system which is in other new Nikons ETC, it would also have to have a better build quility of a simaly prices DSLR then Fuji will use it to make the S4 Pro.

Personally I woulden't buy one I would still get an F80, but only because I cant afford it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk
    Yes I know that, The point I was making is that I am insure Nikon are makinga new P&S camera and if it is its prolly a rangefinder.
    Virtually all of Nikons P&S cameras made over the years has been Rangefinder cameras, the information I posted was given to me by the Nikon USA rep last time he was here in town...

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The sad thing is when you walk into a Henry's, the sales people so want to sell you a DSLR or a digital point and shoot,but....when you ask them what they play with on their own time. That same sales person will then wax lyrical on their Nikon FM2/Leica M3/Pentax what ever etc... usually a film camera.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Never thrust people who want top sell you anything! There is so much more money to be made in the digital equipment at this time. People buy a camera and a year later they have twice the pixels and buy a new one the next year. With film you buy a camera and stick with it.

It's like those whashing machines, you shoudln't build one that lasts a live time or you will be out of business soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What is that old saying, a little bit of information can be a really dangerous thing. All my equipment purchases over the last 5 years in this past time have been through the pre-owned market and I have purchased off the 'bay. Considering my relative youth (37) I should be mucking around with some new and perhaps digital(shudder). I am content to play with my non ai Nikkor system, my Pentax screwmounts, Leica M mount and still take pictures that blow people away. I will be sad when Nikon parts company with film technology but I doubt that will happen. Here is something to ponder, the big achiles heal of digital photoimaging is the storage of files for the long haul, in 10 years you will not be able to access your snapshots of today due to software and storage technology compatablity. I don't think 95% of the picture taking population out there will be backing and updating their files on a regular basis.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A little bit of Information....

What is that old saying, a little bit of information can be a really dangerous thing. All my equipment purchases over the last 5 years in this past time have been through the pre-owned market and I have purchased off the 'bay. Considering my relative youth (37) I should be mucking around with some new and perhaps digital(shudder). I am content to play with my non ai Nikkor system, my Pentax screwmounts, Leica M mount and still take pictures that blow people away. I will be sad when Nikon parts company with film technology but I doubt that will happen. Here is something to ponder, the big achiles heal of digital photoimaging is the storage of files for the long haul, in 10 years you will not be able to access your snapshots of today due to software and storage technology compatablity. I don't think 95% of the picture taking population out there will be backing and updating their files on a regular basis.

Bill
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    the main problem in selling new film cameras, is the fact that the price of second hand gear is so low that people who do want film gear get second hand, the only way to get new film cameras to sell is to introduce a new camera, not availible second hand.

Images
    Yes Nikon is going out of the film business. Dumping all of their gear. They are spending money on digital hand over fist. According to their website the public can expect

[SIZE=1]Okay, if we all keep the rumors flying, maybe the price will fall on the f100 and I might be able to afford one.[/SIZE]
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    can expect , what?
    is there something left out from this sentence?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin