Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,238   Posts: 1,660,028   Online: 936

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Light meter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by scott k
    Lee L,

Why couldn't you just get an o-ring to fit around the hearing aid battery to center it in the battery compartment and use that instead of the remains of the old Wein Cell?
    You can if your camera makes contact with the flat faces of the battery. Some cameras make contact with the battery edge, and an O-ring won't complete that circuit. Those include the Leica CL and the Icarex 35S among many others.

Lee

Shooter
    Large Format
    That's the problem with this no-smoking generation...

In the old days when we needed such a thing, we'd simply crush up some of the ciggarette wrapper foil and custom fit something. It's amazing how many things that thin foil could fix and I can't believe why nobody ever marketed just the foil...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Lee L,

I found this the other day dealing with the mercury batteries (http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-111.html). In my Yashica Mat 124G the battery contacts the sides so I can use single strand 12AWG wire stripped of insulation and wrapped around the battery to make up the space and complete the circuit. I got the camera from Mark Hama just yesterday and he adjusted the meter to work correctly with a 1.5V cell. The tlr meter agrees with the meter in my Nikon N80, we'll see what the slides look like... I'm sure I'll end up with a hand held meter in the future.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin