Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,632   Online: 718

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

High school in Beaverton, Oregon looking for cameras.

Hello.
    My group, Portland Photographers Forum collects, repairs and distributes 35mm manual cameras for one Portland Oregon high school and now a second school is looking for help as well. I thought I put the word out in the APUG web and see if anyone would like to help pass along the fine art of analog photography to the next geneation of photographers.
    Here is the message I got and the contact information to the school.
    Thank you.
    "Westview High School is seeking old manual cameras. They are looking for SLR film cameras that can be set manually (shutter speed, aperture, and focus). Contact art teacher, Alisa Scudamore alisa_scudamore@beavton.k12.or.us."
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert8x10
    Hello.
    My group, Portland Photographers Forum collects, repairs and distributes 35mm manual cameras for one Portland Oregon high school and now a second school is looking for help as well. I thought I put the word out in the APUG web and see if anyone would like to help pass along the fine art of analog photography to the next geneation of photographers.
    Here is the message I got and the contact information to the school.
    Thank you.
    "Westview High School is seeking old manual cameras. They are looking for SLR film cameras that can be set manually (shutter speed, aperture, and focus). Contact art teacher, Alisa Scudamore alisa_scudamore@beavton.k12.or.us."
    Robert,

Thanks for posting this. Unfortunately, I traded in my Olypus OM-1 on a lightmeter many years ago when I started large format photography. I will ask around at work and among my photographer friends to see if anyone has anything to donate. Do you know how soon they need the cameras? I believe there is a swap meet coming up in early November at the Washington County Fairgrounds. If they still need some cameras, I'd be willing to scour the tables for bargains and pick up a camera or two to donate to the school.

Also, I only live about 2 miles from Westview High School. I'd be willing to be a guest lecturer if they are interested. I'd be happy to bring in a large format camera or two and let the kids look at the image on the ground glass and watch how it changes as movements are applied. I've done similar "Introduction to Large Format" lectures at PCC in the past. If there is anything I can do to help get some kids interested in traditional photography, just let me know.

Kerry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks for the offer, Kerry! You should contact the instructor at Westview. I bet she would jump for it. I will check into the swap meet but I feel that it closed and the Mt. Hood Community College swap meet was last week.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin