Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,541   Online: 877

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't have a Minolta but I had some kind of bug larvae show up in my Nikon FTn finder some time ago. Though it didn't interfere with the view or focus it bugged (pun intended) the heck out of me until I finally dug into it. I'm fairly mechanical mind you. Ended up buying a new (used) finder. IMHO unless the camera is unusable and you have step by step instructions leave it alone.
    [COLOR=Blue][FONT=Georgia]Jim Anderson[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For what it's worth, a prism surface or front surface mirror can be cleaned of stubborn dust with a feather usually contributed by a duck or goose. Voluntarily or not.
    I will shave the feather down so it has only one edge about 3/8" long on one side of the tip of the feather. Clean it with rubbing alcohol to remove the natural oils in it before you use it or you'll end up cleaning oil off the surface too.
    If whatever is on the prism or mirror doesn't come off with this tool I'd leave it alone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin