Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,170   Online: 798

Shooter
    35mm

I have a problem with my zorki 1 can anyone help me?

my zorki 1 works just fine on 1/500 and 1/200 but on 1/100 he make strange pictures- left side of photo is bright and to the right it gets darker and darker.

anyone know whats happening and how to fix it??
    thanks in advance

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The name for this problem is "tapering" - what is happening is that the shutter is not uncapping (the slit is not opening) fully until the shutter has traveled part-way across the picture. There are plenty of repairmen who can fix this, just make sure they are familiar with Leica-type shutters. If you tell us where you are, probably some APUG member will know a repairman not too far away.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    35mm
    I am from serbia so probably u dont know any reairman here.
    And here all repairmen are to expensive for me since i have very little money.
    ill try to do it by myself if anyone tell me how. if not i will avoid that speed
    thanks a lot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    35mm
    You have to adjust the tension of the springs of the shutter. If you open the bottom part of the camera you'll see two star shaped nuts. Those are the ones. Thinking about your description, if the right side of the foto is darker, and as the image is made inversed, it means that the left side of the negative (in the camera) is getting less light. This means that the 2nd shutter curtain is too fast, or that the first one is too slow. Search the internet, there are many good sites that explain how to adjust curtain tension with pictures. Also, yahoo groups zenitcamera and beststuff group russiancamera can be of help.
    Have a look at these:
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~tomtiger/zenrep/ztension.html
    http://jay.fedka.com/
    I am not afraid of grain.
    http://fotodura.pt.to

Shooter
    35mm
    you are great. i was asking myself if i should use those screws but i couldnt find out which curtain to make fast or slow.
    thanks a lot

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin