Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,030   Online: 759

Shooter
    35mm

Is it worth fixing a Nikon N90

I have a Nikon N90 that died. Other than the fact that it doesn't work it is a great camera. Is it worth fixing an N90? Whom does good work on these sort of cameras?

~Steve Sloan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It`s always worth to fix a fine piece of equipment!

Cheers

André

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ssloansjca
    I have a Nikon N90 that died. Other than the fact that it doesn't work it is a great camera. Is it worth fixing an N90? Whom does good work on these sort of cameras?

~Steve Sloan
    In Japan, which is where I live, the used N/F90s are sold as as low as 200 USD in the stores. If I were you, I would buy a good used one as a backup first and then save some money to fix the one that's broken later. If you like it and use it often, you probably don't wanna let it go anyway.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Simple math really... KEH has N90S's all day for $200 - $300 in various conditions.. It may be more expensive to fix yours.. Maybe search for a parts camera and between the two, you can piece together a working one...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Just went through a similar decision...

mine was a canon Elan. I decided to not fix it as I found I could get a refurbed, warranted body for about $160. I suspect you will find a similar situation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fix it Replace it, make sure both come with some sort of warranty. Heck, with the bottomed out prices digital has given us, you may even look into stepping up into the F world
    The Darkroom Studios ~ Brad Walker
    27 North Centre Street ~ Merchantville, NJ 08109
    856.488.1546 info@thedarkroomstudios.com
    "Film Ain't Dead Yet!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ssloansjca

~Steve Sloan
    It all depends on if you have any body accessories for the N90, want to eventually upgrade to VR lenses or are happy with the system you have. There are some pretty nice used bodies (F100, F5) available for reasonable prices. I personally would not fix it. But I like the newer bodies and the new lenses anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve, is it totally dead..nothing in the LCD display? I assume you tried a fresh set of batteries. Try a brand new set first.
    I hope it works. it is a great camera.

John

Shooter
    35mm
    I've only had my N90s for about a month. I really like it. It's a very good camera. However, I always grab my F-100 instead of the N90s. I plan on getting another N90s & F-100, very soon. Both are beautiful cameras, and well built. If it's not too much $, have it repaired.

Kiron Kid

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin