Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,332   Posts: 1,537,373   Online: 1111

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Valerie,
    I'm an F3 guy myself, but I am considering getting an F4 in the future. For me the fact that the F4 has knobs instead of LCD readouts is the big selling point. Yeah, the F5 has more features, etc., but I love the more manual feel of the F4. Just something you may want to consider.

Enjoy your stay in APUG land,
    Ara
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Welcome Valerie from Dave in Vegas...love my F3 got 2 of em....stole one from Christian Olivet....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ara, strangely enough that's another selling point for me with the F4. Something about those knobs turns me on. LOL!

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just wanted to let you all know I purchased an F4s today from keh. Thanks for the advice & help everyone.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Good luck with the site and your new camera. Be sure to post some images !
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by foxyscootie
    Hi all, I'm Valerie, an amateur photog in Huntsville, AL. I have been lurking on apug for a few months, but this is my first post, seeking opinions on Nikon F bodies...

I am considering either a used F4s or a used F5. I have purchased Nikon AF lenses(50mm/1.8 & 24mm/2.8) for the body & was dead set on getting the F4s until someone offered me a deal on an F5. Now I'm not sure which is better. All the research has my head spinning. So I come to the wonderful APUG community for opinions on either body.

My decisions for choosing the F4s were based on the fact that I could afford lower priced, better quality MF lenses over AF lenses. While I'm sure I want most of my cash(ha, ha) to go into fast glass, I do need a sturdy dependable body & all the research says both bodies provide this with the F5 being significantly heavier than the F4.

So...do you have any thoughts on either body?
    Hi Val, we love to have those lurking about come out in the open. I have a Nikon F4 and have loved it from the day I got i. I don't know anything about the F5 but the F4 is a work horse. It's great for people like me who are hard on equipment. I highly recomment it. The F4 is plenty heavy so I would look at the added features for the addition weight. Good Luck
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Valerie! You will love this place! Congrats on the new camera, and looking forward to seeing your work!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome home Valerie.

I know you'll enjoy the F4 - I have the F5 and love it, and you'll get many good years from either camera. It's the thing behind the viewfinder which determines how good your photos will be, so as long as you have a good one of them, you're set.

Cheers,
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome Val, from one of the Minolta fan club. I almost bought and F4s; I might not be parting with the Nikon kit I have if I had bought up instead of where I did. FG just seemed to small. Luke
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You would certainly not have that (FG size)problem with the F4, and surely not the F5 - blunt weapons of war, both! Then again, I too, like that about a camera.

But I like my FG as well - it has a lot going for it, but it is NOT in the same class as the single digit F's, so you have to align your expectations with that fact.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin