Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,656   Online: 908

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have decided I am going to stay with the Minoltas. I already have Maxxum 5 and Maxxum 7 and plenty of lenses. I wanted to try the Nikon system and have access to that massive collection of lenses (some rentable here in MN). But I found that I have been shooting Minolta too long. It just means I will have to save and save for the more exotic glass that they offer. And I still have the Mamiya for medium format. Luke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think its a wise decision - you make the photo, and the more comfortable you are with a camera, the better the photo will be! Sticking with what you know (unless there is a large and obvious quality difference - not the case here!) is never a bad choice!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Luke, thats a great decision. I only have a Maxxum 5 now that is reliable & a couple of lenses that I use. So switching to a different system will hopefully not be too difficult, but I have grown accustomed to my Minolta after having it for a couple of years. I'll have to see how the transition goes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Valerie,
    I used to own an F4s (I've got an F5 now). The F4 is a brilliant camera and worth the money for its looks! Like so many here, I like the F4s for its knobs and dials. I really only traded it for the F5 because I wanted the upgraded autofocus. This is the only 'negative' point about the F4 (IMO), it has a rudimentary autofocus by todays standards. But, if you don't require AF, then I would say the F4 is in many respects the equal of the F5. They both eat batteries though (especially the F5)! Enjoy your F4s and BTW, welcome to APUG!
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin