Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,962   Online: 1019

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ever notice that the most presonal and insignificant photographs resonate with so many people? I mean, images made of everyday life can be powerful statements of the human condition, or simple a lovely photograph of a pair of hands knitting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Leicas are expensive, for sure. But I bought both my M6's used and what I paid for each of them was only a little more than what I paid new for a motorized body Nikon F2 Photomic in 1977 or 78. Since the Leicas were in nearly new condition, they seemed like bargains at the time. My Leitz lenses were all bought used--I don't own any of the current Leica lenses. I patiently waited until I could find what I wanted at a price I could afford. I also have a couple of Voigtlander lenses bought new. They are excellent and perform well enough for my purposes.

Funny thing about my attitude toward Leica--I consider it to be a very good hammer. Or saw. Or any other tool. I like using them for some types of photography because they don't scream "photographer!" People usually don't pay much attention to you when you're shooting with a Leica. Unless you're also a photographer, the Leica looks like any other compact camera.

I don't really think Leica lenses are any better than Nikkors or Canons or Minolta or what-have-you for most pictures. They're really good lenses but I don't often push lenses to their limits and shoot wide-open, which is where Leitz optics are reputed to out-perform others. The best thing about Leica lenses, for me anyway, is that they fit on the Leica rangefinder camera.

Shooter
    35mm

shot with my (right) kind of a personal tool

I carry around my buddy-camera, Canon New F1 with a 17mm lens attached to it when I go take my "personal" photographs in a countryside. To get a sense of imtimacy in the environment where I grew up as a child, I've found this to be the best tool.

The lens quality is not the best (slow F4 aperture with light fall-off) among other Canon lenses, but it certainly seems to produce images the way they project my sentiments towards the subject matter.

I don't know where these photographs belong to other than myself (and my portfolio) because maybe they are just too rough and too blurry for other people. But I love them for some reason, and I cannot figure out why.

If I succeed attaching a couple of files here, you will be able to see the images. Sorry, they are straight neg-scans at this point.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin