Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,291   Online: 906

Shooter
    Multi Format

The Agony and the Ecstasy of the Olympus Stylus Epic

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I loved my Oly until it basically fell apart. Replaced it with a Rollei 35s, and now a Pentax Espio (amazing little camera).
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been thinking about a Stylus for some time now. But I still have a couple of working XA's that I don't use much so I can't justify buying one. Olympus sure has had its act together in making tiny 35mm cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Shively
    I've been thinking about a Stylus for some time now. But I still have a couple of working XA's that I don't use much so I can't justify buying one. Olympus sure has had its act together in making tiny 35mm cameras.
    I luv my Oly XA as well but sometimes, I just don't want to look through the viewfinder. The fill-flash on the Stylus is just awesome.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I love my epic. always with me as a backup for the bigger guns.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have an Epic, Well its great, I wish that there was a version with more manual fetures, I was shocked to see that it doesn't even say the shutter speed, witch even I knew about before I became intersted in photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Epic is a great carry-everywhere cam -- and weather proofed. If Olympus had added aperture priority to this little unit, it would have been a marvel. As it is, it's good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love this little camera! I call it my "snappy happy" camera and it's great for candids. It is pretty sharp and what I really like about it, is how close you can get to your subject. I think the distance is like 1.5 feet. When you take photos of kids it's nice to get closer. Also it's not super intimidating as a piece of equipment. I've already worn out 2. Whenever one bites the dust I get another one. Not that I have alot of money.

BWKate

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin