Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,584   Posts: 1,545,792   Online: 1100

Sigma lens repair

My 105mm EX is sickly. It makes a grating sound for about 4 seconds when the Minolta 700SI to which it is attached is switched on or off. My other lenses do not have this problem.
    Sigma want a lot of money to look at the problem
    Can anyone advise the name and address/web site/email of a comptent lens repairer in the UK cheaper but as good as Sigma?
    Thanks

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chorleyjeff
    My 105mm EX is sickly. It makes a grating sound for about 4 seconds when the Minolta 700SI to which it is attached is switched on or off. My other lenses do not have this problem.
    Sigma want a lot of money to look at the problem
    Can anyone advise the name and address/web site/email of a comptent lens repairer in the UK cheaper but as good as Sigma?
    Thanks

Jeff
    Your best bet is the manufacture, you have to remember you get what you pay for, unfortunately in this day and age, sometimes, it is less expensive to purchase a new one than it is to have something repaired..

Good luck

Dave

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin