Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,868   Online: 812

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1115161718192021

Shooter
    35mm
    I have my dream camera in the 35mm world already. Nikon F6

In the MF, I would like to get the Rollie 6008.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My first dream camera was a Nikon F3, which I eventually bought and loved. Next was a Canon F1, then an original black, eye-level Nikon F. Then I moved on to rangefinders, and I wanted a Barnack Leica. I got a IIIa, and enjoyed it very much. Of course this led to M lust, so I got an M4, and then a black-paint M4. Having heard how nice the viewfinder on the M3 was, I ended up getting one of them as well. Then I saw a black-paint Canon 7 with a 50/.095 lens, I couldn't resist it. Then the Rolleiflex bug bit me, and somehow i now have three Rolleiflex 2.8 cameras, as well as a couple 3.5 cameras. I still have all these cameras, and I avoid dreaming about any more cameras as I don't have enough time to shoot all of them.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon 35mm Cameras for ergonomics and ease of use.
    Zeiss 80mm f2 MF lens for bokeh and contrast.

Shooter
    35mm
    My dream camera is/would be something that's very easy to sell for fattest possible wad of money. Then I could buy a body or two and a couple of lenses that are missing in my photo bag and spend the rest on people I care about.
    Several imperfect cameras that together make a perfect kit is what I have now (minus a piece or two, maybe three... ok, four). There is no single camera that I think is better, more beautiful or closer to my heart than all others. No, I am lying, there's one. Ok, two. Yeah, make it three or four. About five.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by matchat View Post
    I just got to wondering, if you could have your dream camera then what would it really be? We can all say "oh a Leica" off the top of our head or "oh a canon eos 1ds mk2" but is that really our dream camera or just a piece of expert marketing. I suppose I ought to say therefore 'which camera is the very essence of camera-hood? which one comes to mind when you hear the word "camera" and which one has a special place in your heart?'

Hope this isn't a bit too theatrical :rolleyes: - Mat
    this reinds me of a joke a camera sales man told me once:
    a woman 9no sexism intended, comes into the store and sks fothe 'best' camera there is.that depends on you budget, he replies. we have nikon, leica canon hassrlblad.let me show you a few.aftr ta short presentation, she states with confidence no, i want the very'bestthere is.trust me, money is reallyno object.ok. he says, and pulls out a leica kit . no,no she impatientlyreplies. as i said.i want the best ther is. you know the one where you click the shutter and the picture comes out
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    this reinds me of a joke a camera sales man told me once:
    a woman 9no sexism intended, comes into the store and sks fothe 'best' camera there is.that depends on you budget, he replies. we have nikon, leica canon hassrlblad.let me show you a few.aftr ta short presentation, she states with confidence no, i want the very'bestthere is.trust me, money is reallyno object.ok. he says, and pulls out a leica kit . no,no she impatientlyreplies. as i said.i want the best ther is. you know the one where you click the shutter and the picture comes out
    That's awesome.

I hope the best for the Impossible Project.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin