Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,524   Online: 978

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Light seals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My old AE1 was leaking like a sieve - I picked up the first kit I saw - it was from Cameraseals.com. First off, the work is simple, very simple - the only thing required is some patience when removing the old material (by far the hardest/most tedious part of the whole process). Anyone can do it.
    Last but not least - I have since seen John's (interslice) kits... well, not that the one I got was bad, but lets put it this way: after seeing the quality of the foam, the kit, the instructions - I know where my next order is coming from! Having tried the competition, and even though I did not have a bad experience, I would have to add my vote to the ones already cast for the interslice kits.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was able to purchase a self adhesive kit for an older Leica slr from their US service center for a low price, forget the cost now, but I think on the order of $11 or so. I also have used adhesive felt and thin foam sheeting from a local craft store, and acrylic yarn (long filament stuff that doesn't shed) with a tiny bit of contact cement. I like the yarn idea because it doesn't go bad like standard OEM replacement foam might. I haven't used the interslice stuff, but I believe his foam is a higher grade that doesn't decompose like a lot of the original stuff does.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L
    I haven't used the interslice stuff, but I believe his foam is a higher grade that doesn't decompose like a lot of the original stuff does.

Lee
    Yes, and the foam is nicely pre-cut to the right width.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roy
    Interslice - very good to deal with and very quick service to UK and, most likely, other parts of the world. I used a kit to repair an EOS.
    Same experience here - shipping to Norway was quick and very reasonably priced. And note that a kit includes far more materials than will be required for one camera - I've replaced light seals and mirror dampers on an OM-1, and I have plenty of materials left for another two or three bodies.

Knut

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin