Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,949   Online: 1049

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Why, oh why, do I go to B&H alone?...

I should know better than to go to B&H and NOT bring my wife along. I went today for a couple of small items - just a quick train ride and back home again - but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I just HAD to buy a DA-2 finder for my F3!

I really didn't mean it, really. Liz, put that frying pan down.... Step away from the knives!...

Ouch!

hehehe
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler
    I should know better than to go to B&H and NOT bring my wife along. I went today for a couple of small items - just a quick train ride and back home again - but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I just HAD to buy a DA-2 finder for my F3!

I really didn't mean it, really. Liz, put that frying pan down.... Step away from the knives!...

Ouch!

hehehe
    You could try telling her of the great benefits of the DA-2 but her response might be like that of Mrs Marx about her husband's research when she said "I wish Karl would write a little less about money and make a little more of it".

Pentaxuser

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

B+H

Bob-it's just a serious disease...things will get better!
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bob, its time for N. Reagan's famous one step cure. Just say NO!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    B&H all by your lonesome.... that is the candy store for us.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would be happy to keep you company next time. That way when we both come back loaded with stuff we can blame each other for "making" us buy it!
    -Bob
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob, Bob, Bob. You don't really expect to get much sympathy here, do you?

Must be nice to live close enough to make such trips to the candy store.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler

Ouch!

hehehe
    Bob, I just don't get it.

Last spring my wife and I trekked up to NYC to go to a recital, stopped at B&H on the way and window shopped for a new tripod for me. She told me to buy a $850 Gitzo CF leg set. Told me to buy 'it now if it would do. It would do.

I'm aware of our and my budget, and I balked. I'm still balking. Instead I sold a couple of lenses that were surplus to need and bought a Berlebach.

How DO you pay for the nice objects you brag about buying? You can't borrow or defer maintenance on house and cars and even cameras forever.

And how can your wife stand you? With all the drooling you claim to do, your house must be several feet deep in slobber. Does she wear hip boots indoors?

Cheers,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm
    Bob, I just don't get it.

Last spring my wife and I trekked up to NYC to go to a recital, stopped at B&H on the way and window shopped for a new tripod for me. She told me to buy a $850 Gitzo CF leg set. Told me to buy 'it now if it would do. It would do.

I'm aware of our and my budget, and I balked. I'm still balking. Instead I sold a couple of lenses that were surplus to need and bought a Berlebach.

How DO you pay for the nice objects you brag about buying? You can't borrow or defer maintenance on house and cars and even cameras forever.

And how can your wife stand you? With all the drooling you claim to do, your house must be several feet deep in slobber. Does she wear hip boots indoors?

Cheers,

Dan
    Well Dan, it's simple... Shoot enough weddings so the stuff pays for itself. What the weddings don't pay for, the portraits do. If it's not right for portraiture, it's just gotta be right for tabletop or landscape. Don't get me wrong, I sell off a LOT of equipment. If it hangs around too long without getting used, it goes out the door.

Liz has different, yet somewhat similar, "obsessions", so we're a few feet deep in slobber around here!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm
    Almost forgot... Bob's Rule #1, when using plastic, use a debit card NOT a credit card!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin