Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,500   Online: 1047

Shooter
    35mm

Cap for viewfinder - Nikon.

Hallo there,

I have been looking on the web but seem unable to find a cap/eyepiece cover to protect the viewfinder of a Nikon FM3A from scratches and dust etc.

Do they exist? Any good online stores that sell these?

Are there effective homemade alternatives?

Most grateful for any advice,

M.
    Last edited by melmoth; 11-22-2005 at 07:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Google onto the Shiva Kunal Import Company site and check out their gear. I picked up a nice adapter for my K1000 and I know they have a bunch of Nikon stuff.
    Good Luck.
    Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Mike. Will do. M.

Shooter
    35mm
    The shiva kunal import company got back to me but do not know if the cap fits the nikon fm3a.

Therefore, I am still curious. What is used by some photographers to protect the viewfinder on a valuable camera?

Open to any and all suggestions.

M.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a few 'valuable' cameras and I have the caps, but in all the years I have shot, I have never once scratched a viewfinder lens, they are pretty well protected from damage unless your shooting in the desert with a strong wind blowing..

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got a cap for an N65 from B&H. I got it for doing auto exposures with a cable release, not for protecting the lens. I have also never had an issue with damage to the viewfinder.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth
    Hallo there,

I have been looking on the web but seem unable to find a cap/eyepiece cover to protect the viewfinder of a Nikon FM3A from scratches and dust etc.

Do they exist? Any good online stores that sell these?

Are there effective homemade alternatives?

Most grateful for any advice,

M.
    Have you thought about asking the question on the Nikonians website? There is a thread there devoted to manual Nikons and a couple of knowledgeable contributors who are in the British Isles.

Pentaxuser

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin