Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,962   Online: 772

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My first SLR was an OM-2. Nice camera, great glass. But.... I later came upon a couple of Minolta SRT-102s which are also fine manual 35mm cameras. Better yet, Rokkor lenses are superb! I've seen good examples of these cameras being sold at rock bottom prices also. With prices as they are for analog photo kit, the challenge is not to buy more equipment than will ever be used!
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Olympus OM system is a good one. The OM 1 and 1n can be converted to take modern batteries or you can use an adapter as others have suggested. Unless you are planning to use flash and want auto mode, the 1n and 2n are not really neccessary. The shoe 4 which is required on these 2 models is neither real easy to find nor inexpensive. Stick with the single digit models. The 3, 3T and 4T can get a little more expensive, particularly the 3T.
    The lenses are generally outstanding. Some of the ones which were pricy when originally manufactured, still are. Olympus has a great macro system. As a collector and user of OM gear, ApUGers might want to contact me offlist if the have a burning desire for something OM. Bill Barber

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin