Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,002   Online: 1009

Thread: Ricoh GR1

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ricoh GR1

Has anyone used or is anyone familiar with the Ricoh GR1 35mm film camera?

The reason I ask is because based on its specifications, it seems to be good compact and lightweight camera for travel and scenic shots.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by narsuitus

The reason I ask is because based on its specifications, it seems to be good compact and lightweight camera for travel and scenic shots.
    I have never owned one but tried a few times in the past when it still was available from its manufacture. It's been said the optical quality was as good as a SLR lens, but I thought the distortion as a 28mm lens was a bit too much. It's just my personal taste, though.

If you're interested in it, go try it to see if you like it or not. It's certainly better than any compact digital P&S.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by narsuitus

Yes, I owned one for a couple of years. Excellent build and lens quality, but the wind on is way too loud, and attracts attention. Listen to one before you buy.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the GR1v and use it all the time as my standard pocket camera. I use it loaded with Neopan 400 rated at EI250. The lens is great and it takes lovely pictures. You can set the EI and it has exposure compensation. I thoroughly recommend it. Plus it takes 30.5mm filters - I use an orange filter with it alot.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin