Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,036   Online: 903

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

OM-2 Kit What's a fair price?

What would a fair price be for the following items (in very good used condition)?

OM-2 "silver" body
    Zuiko 50mm lens
    Zuiko 28 mm lens
    OM TTL flash
    Vivitar 70mm-150mm
    leather shell case for camera

Thanks for your thoughts.
    Last edited by Changeling1; 11-28-2005 at 08:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Changeling1: First, I think you mean "Zuiko" lenses, not Suiko; that's not a criticism, just for clarity.

Second, can you be a bit more specific about the lenses? There were many versions of the 50mm lenses. Even if it's the common f1.8, there were at least 5 versions of that one, ranging from the F.ZUIKO "silvernose" to the latest "made in Japan" (aka miJ) designated lenses. Then there are the several iterations of the f1.4, and the f1.2.

Of the 28s, there were the f3.5, f2.8 and f2.0. Which flash? T-20? T-32?, etc. All these factors will influence the "value", some slightly, some greatly.

The value of the kit will depend on how recently the body has had a CLA, as well. I've gotten a very good OM-2 for as little as $55 with a beautiful brown leather case on oBoy, but I see bodies in excellent condition going for around $80-125.

The 50 won't fetch much unless it is a more desirable version such as the miJ, the f1.4 with SN > 1500000 or the f1.2. The latter is best sold separately, as it is fairly rare and can fetch a fair amount.

All the 28s will bring more, even the f3.5 could bring ~$40-60. The f2.8 might bring sligtly more, and the 2.0 the most due to the speed and relative rarity.

Of course, I'd give about $75 for the kit sight unseeen.

Earl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The best place, unfortunately to derive current selling prices are on the ole' auction site, this is the best resource for the maximum amount of people are willing to pay for certain items, does not mean what it is worth, but does have a bearing on what it is going for, we all may hate it, but ebay has defined the selling prices for equipment over the last couple of years.

Dave

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks Dave and Earl-
    I'm considering buying the above listed set with the prices being so low these days. My first SLR was an OM-2 but got stolen down in San Diego, Ca. when it was about a year old. A friend lent me a Leica RF (for several years) to replace it and I didn't buy anymore 35mms for quite a while. So now, with so many people getting rid of their analog equipment it seems like a good time to buy. I guess the prices will fall more in the years to come but analog photographers have it pretty good these days I'd say!
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I haven't seen any letup in the pricing of 35mm equipment like MF. I guess consumers aren't as quick to dump their old equipment as the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling1
    Thanks Dave and Earl-
    I'm considering buying the above listed set with the prices being so low these days. My first SLR was an OM-2 but got stolen down in San Diego, Ca. when it was about a year old. A friend lent me a Leica RF (for several years) to replace it and I didn't buy anymore 35mms for quite a while. So now, with so many people getting rid of their analog equipment it seems like a good time to buy. I guess the prices will fall more in the years to come but analog photographers have it pretty good these days I'd say!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There were a few different variations or sub-models of the OM-2 and they seem to have materially different values. You may need to research and be more specific to get an accurate value.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by avandesande
    I haven't seen any letup in the pricing of 35mm equipment like MF. I guess consumers aren't as quick to dump their old equipment as the pros.
    I don't agree, 35mm gear is a dime a dozen even for the really good highend stuff now a days, cameras I paid 2 grand for 5 years ago, I can normally get for less than a couple of hundred bucks now a days, heck, I just bought a 300mm f/2.8 APO lens the other night for $500, two years ago, it would have 2 grand, so even the good 35mm gear is a heck of alot less expensive than it was just a couple of years ago.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I guess your right.
    I was thinking of Contax stuff (not being snotty, just myopic).

Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    I don't agree, 35mm gear is a dime a dozen even for the really good highend stuff now a days, cameras I paid 2 grand for 5 years ago, I can normally get for less than a couple of hundred bucks now a days, heck, I just bought a 300mm f/2.8 APO lens the other night for $500, two years ago, it would have 2 grand, so even the good 35mm gear is a heck of alot less expensive than it was just a couple of years ago.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by avandesande
    I guess your right.
    I was thinking of Contax stuff (not being snotty, just myopic).
    Contax must be worth a whole bunch more in your part of the world, there are several of them in the case down at the local camera store and the highest priced manual focus body is $225.00..

I have not paid a bit of attention to them as I have shot another system for the last 20 years, but I don't see Contax being anymore expensive these days than anyother 35mm system.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    on epay a used 85 1.4 T* is about $500, exactly what it was 4 years ago. bodies are priced the same too. Manual bodies range from 100-1000 depending on what your buying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin