Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,570,009   Online: 844

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Modern cameras (Nikon N80/F80) should make it easier right...?

Since I could use AF for sports I bought a used F80 today, I can't even get a film loaded with this piece modern technology thingy while it was easy with my good old FE wich could well have been designed before I was born.... (I am only 24 and suddenly understand my grandparents with mobile phones)

When I load a film I just lay the end of it in the camera and close it, than it starts to wind it till frame one and says error,.. error!!! "Where is the old film leaver I can do it in myselves!" Seems it can only write and not listen...
    Ohh and one more thing where is the iso dial? How does this little thing now the iso rating of my film?

Ohh dear and that's when I haven't even loaded a film yet! This is going to be funny...

cheers!
    Quinten

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Qunten,

You need to make sure the film is in the correct spot before the take up spool will start winding the film, to short or two long, won't work, as far as ISO, the camera has contacts in it that read the DX code on the canister, if your canister don't have the DX coding, it will either default to ISO 100 or you will have to set the ISO manually..

Your best bet would be to see if you can find a owners manual for the camera and READ IT, this will go along ways to making sure your using the camera correctly, as sometimes misloading the film can cause a problem with the camera that will make it non-functional and require service..did you buy it at a shop? if so they should be able to help you out.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On the N50 you can set the film speed manually. When I bought one used the clerk told me that later models like the N80 have the such provision for manual speed settings.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    no, the entry level slr, or not easier to use. THey (manufactor) don't think people are going to use them in anything but auto mode.

try teaching the basic fundmentals with 1/3rds. folks eye's glaze over with full fstops.
    and then of course add those funky zoom lens that change fstops with increasing focal length.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinten
    When I load a film I just lay the end of it in the camera and close it, than it starts to wind it till frame one and says error,.. error!!! "Where is the old film leaver I can do it in myselves!" Seems it can only write and not listen...
    Quinten,

With the N80/F80 you need to lay the film cannister into the slot, pull the film leader, and position the leader with the red line on the takeup side. If you go too far, or too short, the camera will error out. As for you other question, you can manually set the ISO, but not as easily. I don't have my N80 with me, but I will check for you when I get home.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Make it easier? Of course they do, but only if you RTFM (read the "fine" manual) and can understand what it says.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The N80/F80 is actually not a bad camera; I've had one for about 5 years and found it relatively trouble free. The autofocusing is better than my F5.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinten
    Since I could use AF for sports I bought a used F80 today, I can't even get a film loaded with this piece modern technology thingy while it was easy with my good old FE wich could well have been designed before I was born.... (I am only 24 and suddenly understand my grandparents with mobile phones)

Ohh and one more thing where is the iso dial? How does this little thing now the iso rating of my film?

Ohh dear and that's when I haven't even loaded a film yet! This is going to be funny...

cheers!
    Quinten
    The posts in this thread is making me have second thoughts about changing to Nikon. I have a Pentax MZ7 and simply taking the leader and feeding it beyond the first couple of teeth on the take up sprocket has never failed.
    There is an ISO section on the programme dial which is easy to use as well.

The trouble is I have yet to find another owner past or present of a MZ7 so can't compare any notes.

Pentaxuser

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Nixon is not the only camera with auto load features. this is very common in all new models.

I love mine and won't trade them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ann
    Nixon is not the only camera with auto load features. this is very common in all new models.

I love mine and won't trade them.

And its not a crook, either!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin