Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,511   Online: 894

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: compacts

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    f2.8 at 28mm isn't bad, faster than my contax T VS.
    30000yen ? umm... :rolleyes:
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kunihiko
    Natura 1600 is a new film produced with "nano-stractured sigma grain technology"(that's what fuji says, I don't know what it means).
    There's new Natura wating.
    http://www.fujifilm.co.jp/press/img/nrj1439_l.jpg
    "NATURA CLASSICA" with 28-56mm f/2.8-5.4
    looks cool, doesn't it ?
    I think Superia 1600 has that.

Still 24mm F1.9, OMFG!! does it have AP?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk
    Still 24mm F1.9, OMFG!! does it have AP?
    If by AP you mean "Aperture Priority"...it looks to be Program only. Looking at the images of the camera on the web (there are quite a few if you search enough), there aren't many buttons on the camera. Nothing that looks like it would allow you to change the aperture...but the Megaperls web site says the instructions are only in Japanese, and I've not had any luck finding a site that I could understand that talks about shooting with the camera.

The response I got from Fuji in the US indicated that the camera is for sale in France. Perhaps I'll try to track one down there. I'm guessing it's 50/50 that I'll be in Paris on business this year.

If they weren't USD$300 from Megaperls, I'd probably already have one. Just too much money for a point and shoot, no matter how great the lens is. (Just my opinion...I'm the original frugal photographer.)

Be well.
    Dave
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Re the black Natura camera with the 24 mm f/1.9 lens.

Yes, it's program only. You can set exposure compensation of +/- 2 stops. The shutter speeds are from 1 s to 1/360. The manual is in Japanese, but that's no big deal. It's easy to understand the illustrations, and the numbers are Arabic.

It's a really neat camera. One of the features is that if you have a fast film loaded (DX-coded for 1600 and over) it switches to 'NP' mode with the flash off. When the camera is switched on in NP, you have a second or two to enable the flash, otherwise it defaults to flash off. With slower films it defaults to auto flash. With 1600 film, the flash range is quoted as 0.4 m to 16 m. There are four DX contacts, which means that the film speed is detected in full stop increments, favouring overexposure (eg 320 is detected as 200, not 400).

There is very little shutter lag - one of the things that annoys me the most about AF P&S's. The only manual focus setting is infinity. There is focus lock. It can focus in remarkably low light. The minimum focussing distance is 0.4 m.

The lens is quite flare free. Overall it's not quite in the same league as the 28 mm Summicron (!), but it appears to have less abberation wide open than my Canon 24 mm f/1.4 L. I think that lens is now for sale. I like 24 mm lenses because you get right into what's going on. When you are in there, a big camera and lens like the Canon becomes obtrusive. The little black Natura doesn't.

Oh, just one other thing. I’m not aware of a digital camera that approaches this image quality, at this size, in such low light.

Overall verdict: a special little camera that has capabilities that no other camera has, as far as I am aware. A camera with its own intimate, fun style - probably just what the guys at Fuji envisioned.

Best,
    Helen
    Last edited by Helen B; 01-13-2006 at 11:46 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added DX info

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk
    I think Superia 1600 has that.
    Then, they must be same.
    Fuji is promoting Natura Cameras and Natura Film together as The NP System.
    Without Natura cameras, Fuji must have hesitated to name new ISO 1600 film Natura.
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What evidence do you have that suggests that Natura 1600 and Superia 1600 are the same film? Having used both, I'd say that the Natura was a significant improvement over the Superia - which I didn't rate highly because pushed Portra 800 worked better for me.

Best,
    Helen

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm

Konica Lexio

Quote Originally Posted by craigclu
    One of the best kept affordable secrets are the Lexio series of Konica. The 70 is especially sharp and contrasty. .
    Yes - as long as that infernal clam-shell operated on/off switch doesn't play up. Mine did and Konica wanted £60 to fix it, so I took it apart and was disgusted by the Heath Robinson piece of poorly-moulded plastic that is relied on to operate the microswitch when the cover is opened. I unsweated the solder connections of the switch and lifted it up off the board a fraction so the plastic lever hit it more squarely and all was well - at least for now. Next time it goes I'll bring out two wires to an external bakelite light switch! Great camera otherwise, especially the "W" version with the 28mm lens.

Steve

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm

Quote Originally Posted by battra92
    Actually you can do it yourself. www.subclub.org has lots of articles about it. The Minolta 110 is a fun little camera that costs around $25 on the bay of e.
    Having read the Sub Club material a while back, I did indeed make a film slitter and load FP4 into 110 cartridges. I like the Pentax 110 and Super version and the results from these were surprisingly good. Be careful though - some 110s will handle cut-down film but others need the notches in "proper" 110 to cock the shutter and feed back film transport info. Not sure about the Minolta.

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Natura 1600 was launched in Oct. 2004.
    Is Fuji still making two ISO1600 color negafilms ?

Ummm. I could be wrong on this. Sorry for making a hasty judgment.
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen B
    I don't think so. It seems to have lower graininess, higher speed
    if it was higher speed then it wouldn't be 1600!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin