Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,383   Online: 927

Shooter
    Multi Format

replacement lens hood/shade for a the nikon hb-25 ?

i have a nikon 24-85 lens with one of those nikon hb-25 lens hoods/shades.
    after taking it on and off the lens for about 2 years, it won't stay firmly attached. i was going to buy a new one ( $2o is a lot of clams for a piece of plastic imo ) and i brought my camera/lens down to make sure it wouldn't have the same problem ... it did ! so i saved myself 20 bucks ...

are there any other shades out there that are slip-on and remove EZ ?
    i'd like to stay away from those rubber shades if i can, and don't really want to spend tons of cash of the equiv. of a compendium shade ...

thanks in advance!

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John
    If this is one of the bayonet on/off shades you might try a light(apply w/toothpick) application of rubber tool grip or liquid insulation. Another option might be a couple of very light coats of clear nail polish to the back side of the mounting tabs either on the lens or the hood, it won't make any difference, you're just taking up the slack.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks very much john!

i will try that -
    it probably looks better than the tape i am presently using

-john

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin