Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,429   Online: 811

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ricoh XRP won't fire,,,sometimes

I collect cameras, all of which I use. A little while ago I got a Rikenon P 50mm f1.7 lens to replace my 50mm f2.0. When I tried it the view finder dimed but the shutter did not fire. I replaced the f2.0 and same thing. Camera works fine with my 2X extender in KAR mt for Ricoh and Pentax, and my 80-200 zoom in Kar mount. My Tokina in Kar mount acts like my Primes. If I slowly remove the lens, the mirror goes all the way up, the view finder goes dark and the shutter fires, but the mirror does not drop down until I completely remove the lens. FWIW the levers on the Tokina more closely match the Rikenon mounts than the other KAR mounts. Any ideas? Suggestions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    bohica
    Isn't KAR a Konica mount? As I recall the Pentax should be marked PK.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ricoh lens should fit the Ricoh camera. I've heard of problems with Ricoh P lenses and Pentax cameras that take A lenses.

So to get this straight. You've got a Ricoh XR-P camera and a Ricoh 1.7 lens? I don't have the XR-P to check.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    IIRC KAR is Ricoh's variation on the KA mount (Which is the full-program variation of K mount). It move the little pin which indicates a locked aperture ring to a different part of the mount (Coincidentally, but unfortunately, to exactly where the AF screw is on Pentax AF cameras, NEVER mount a Ricoh P lens on a Pentax AF camera, at least not if you ever want to swap lenses again).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Ricoh program lenses are P mount the KAR is an aftermarket mt that allows the lens to be used in program mode on Ricoh and pentax manual focus program bodies. My camera is working with the aftermarket lenses but not the original Rikoh Rikenon P lenses. The only difference between the two that I can see, is the Rikenon lenses have a small "shield" beside the accuating lever. since the shutter doesn't open I can't see what is going on from inside the camera and since it works fine when the lens is removed, I can't see what is happening from outside the camera. Right now I'm using it with the 50mm f1.7 on the 2X multiplier in KAR mt and it works fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Both my P Ricoh lens and the non-P have the shield on the inside of the lever. Doesn't make sense to me. Some how it sounds like the lens is sitting to close to the mirror. If it was the camera then it should happen with all lenses. If it was the lens then you should be seeing infinity focus problems I think.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin