Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,669   Online: 967

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan
    Is Fuji still manufacturing LF lenses?
    They would appear to be:

http://fujifilm.jp/personal/lens/largeformat/index.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Hot damn, Maybe poeple will be so pissed they will sell theirs cheap and I will be able to buy one. Nah. Too much to wish for.
    Yeah, before long we'll start seeing auctions on eBay like "Rare Nikon FM3a!!" with starting bids of $2999.99.

But seriously, I was hoping the FM3a and the F100 would be around for a couple years more. I've been re-thinking my approach to 35mm and am considering putting together a nice manual-focus system with prime lenses to complement my F100; the FM3a (though a bit pricey) would be a serious contender. But I'm not ready to move on this right now, maybe this summer/fall. I'll just have to see what things look like then...

- Robert
    "Photograph more, worry less"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Out of curiosity, I just checked on the launch of the Nikon F6. This was in September 2004. For Nikon to announce the cessation of production of film cameras just 16 months later suggests to me that the company has (uncharacteristically) been caught napping by market developments.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David H. Bebbington
    Out of curiosity, I just checked on the launch of the Nikon F6. This was in September 2004. For Nikon to announce the cessation of production of film cameras just 16 months later suggests to me that the company has (uncharacteristically) been caught napping by market developments.
    Well, not quite. They are keeping the F6, presumably thinking that is enough to cover the market. Although it is a pretty big range gap between an F6 and an FM10!

Any ways... [COLOR=Yellow]FOR SALE[/COLOR] - like new F4 - Will throw in equally useless roll of Technical Pan and free delivery worldwide... $4000.
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Although I only have one Nikkor lens... a 135mm 5.6, it's a sad day when any of the remaining suppliers pull the plug. I like their glass and it's unfortunate that they have stopped selling them.
    Although I doubt they were selling many... they haven't imported them into Canada for a while.
    -Rob Skeoch

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon To Discontinue Most Film Cameras and Related Accessories

Just read this on another site and thought some might find it of interest. I can, however, find nothing on the Nikon site so trying to establish its validity........

January 11, 2006 — According to an announcement issued by Nikon UK, the company intends to concentrate its efforts on digital cameras and accessories, and plans to discontinue production of most film cameras, manual focus lenses and related accessories.

The statement says, "Nikon will discontinue production of all lenses for large-format cameras and enlarging lenses, with sales of these products ceasing as soon as they are out of stock. This also applies to most of our film camera bodies, interchangeable manual focus lenses, and related accessories." The statement adds that Nikon UK anticipates that the discontinued products will remain in retail distribution until summer, 2006.

All is not lost for 35mm photographers, however. The statement indicates, "In recognition of Nikon's commitment to professional photographers we will continue to manufacture and sell the F6, our flagship model, as well as a number of manual interchangeable lenses. Sales of the manual FM10 will also be continued outside Europe." Nikon UK included a list of interchangeable lenses that will remain in the line: Nikkor 20mm f/2.8, Nikkor 24mm f/2.8, Nikkor 28mm f/2.8, Nikkor 35mm f/1.4, Nikkor 50mm f/1.2, Nikkor 50mm f/1.4, Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/2.8, Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8, and PC Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D.
    "Take nothing but Photographs, leave nothing but footprints"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I posted the link to this article yesterday morning, in fact there was quite a long thread about it.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NikoSperi
    Well, not quite. They are keeping the F6, presumably thinking that is enough to cover the market. Although it is a pretty big range gap between an F6 and an FM10!
    You are right about the F6 remaining available - in Europe, apparently, that will be the ONLY film Nikon SLR available. Quite why there is no room for the FM3a, I don't know.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by OllyB
    All is not lost for 35mm photographers, however. The statement indicates, "In recognition of Nikon's commitment to professional photographers we will continue to manufacture and sell the F6, our flagship model, as well as a number of manual interchangeable lenses. Sales of the manual FM10 will also be continued outside Europe." Nikon UK included a list of interchangeable lenses that will remain in the line: Nikkor 20mm f/2.8, Nikkor 24mm f/2.8, Nikkor 28mm f/2.8, Nikkor 35mm f/1.4, Nikkor 50mm f/1.2, Nikkor 50mm f/1.4, Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/2.8, Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8, and PC Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D.
    To add insult to injury, they don't actually make a manual focus 105mm f/2.8 mikro-nikkor. The manual focus 105mm lens is the 105mm/f2.5 which is not mikro-nikkor. This is really pathetic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    David,

Not a big relief, but they did say the FM10 will stay in the line.

Dave

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin