Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,959   Posts: 1,523,054   Online: 1162

View Poll Results: When did you buy your last new 35mm camera from a dealer

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 to 3 years

68 43.04%
  • 4 to 8 years

34 21.52%
  • 9 to 13 years

11 6.96%
  • over 14 years

45 28.48%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    Wayne,

Not this one, I have never bought a digital camera!

I know what a film camera is used for and don't have any interest in keeping up with the Jones..

And I have to say, I don't consider a digital capture device a "camera" at least not by definitions...

No more to say about digital on my part.

Dave
    Yea.....you know after I posted the response I thought someone was going to mention the 35mm thing. Hopefully people will see thru the statement and that I meant a digital camera. Their really not evil things; Just technology.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wayne,

I am sorry, I did not mean to imply evil, I have worked in the digital arena for a long time now and don't consider digital evil and I feel that there are many places for digital, I can tell you one thing, it has made magazine and ad layout a hell of alot easier! after many years of lay up work and such, so please don't take my responce wrong, but still I have never bought a digital camera, no matter what the definition is..I still work and breath film and fumes!

LOL

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1998. Another Leica.

Anybody here surprised by the trend of this survey ????
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A Minolta X-370S body in 2001 (I don't think they are available new anymore ).

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Minolta Maxxum 7 just three years ago...to accompany my used 800si...still have it. still love it.
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ~ 8 months ago bought a new rangefinder.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Most recent was 1998 (I think), a Nikon 8008. I later bought a used 6006 as back up and second type of film. The ones before that were Pentax, 1961 or so in college. I think the models were H1 and H3a or something like that. I had two Pentax bodies and 4 or 5 lenses.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The last brand-spankin'-new-in-the-factory-package 35 SLR I bought was a Pentax Super Program. I got one when they first came out, I believe it was in 1983, but I could be wrong.

I usually don't buy new cameras...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    35mm
    OK the digital thing has been brought up. Two years ago I was looking for some more lenses for my old (23 years) Pentax, when I decided to change platforms, and go digital in the same move. I bought a Nikon D70. About a month ago I thru the towel in on digital and got a Nikon FM3a. I'm a photographer again.
    Real cameras have film in them!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've only ever bought 3 cameras new, My Nikon F65 and two digitals. The only one I currently own is the digital P&S that is dead and I keep forgetting to toss out.

The used market is just too good these days. A new EOS 3 retails for $1750CDN, I payed $720 for mine, which looks brand new (not even a scratch on it). And everything else I've bought since getting back in to photography is too old to get new (F90x, F601m, EM, Canonets, Super Ricohflex, Pentax MX, Ricoh KR-5sv, Spotmatic SP).

I have bought a couple of new lenses (most recently a EF 50 f1.8 II) but even then, I'll look for used deals first.

I'm more interested in keeping the film companies alive than camera companies producing new film bodies.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin