Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,610   Online: 903

View Poll Results: When did you buy your last new 35mm camera from a dealer

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 to 3 years

68 43.04%
  • 4 to 8 years

34 21.52%
  • 9 to 13 years

11 6.96%
  • over 14 years

45 28.48%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought a Nikon F6 shortly after it came out - abut a year ago I think?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I bought an F100 back in 1999 when my Nikon FA began to act up. Turns out the FA just needed a good cleaning, and is still working to this day. But I use the F100 95% of the time anyway.
    "Photograph more, worry less"

Shooter
    35mm
    1981. Canon AF35ML for my father for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose
    Just to put things into perspective, it would be interesting to find out when you have bought your last "new" from a dealer 35mm camera.
    I bought a new Leica M7 last year from Classic Cameras in London and traded in a Leica M6TTL bought in 2002.
    Both bought to satisfy a lifelong ambishion to own these fine examples of photographic engineering.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've purchased only two cameras new. The first was in 1985--a Ricoh KR-30sp which is still a faithful companion. Then in 1999, I believe, I purchased a Canon Elan II and a few lenses. I loved the Canon, but I lost the whole kit in a flash flood. That was my one and only foray into a "high tech" system. With the exception of a Pentax zx-5n, my cameras in use tend to be mechanical. The ZX-5n is a beautiful camera, but I tend to use manual focus lenses on it.

Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Only my first camera -- a Pentax K1000 back in 1987. Unfortunately I managed to wear it out fairly quickly (rewind knob) and traded it in for a used Minolta SRT-200 in 1989, which was used heavily, shelved for most of 15 years, and is back in action now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2004: Nikon N65 for my graduation trip to Europe. It was worth it, the thing takes abuse nicely---like when I forget its in a backpack and drop the whole thing to the floor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I forgot to mention the new Vivitar Mariner 35mm compact camera, complete with underwater housing and bright yellow plastic housing.

Got it from Aldi, just before Christmas 4 weeks ago, cost $19.95.

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose
    ... it would be interesting to find out when you have bought your last "new" from a dealer 35mm camera.
    I was going to say "never", since all of my SLR's were used. (Currently have 9 that work and a couple of "doorstops".)

But then I remembered that I bought a Pentax "IQZoom928" (point and shoot) several years ago. And on the recomendation of my mother-in-law, of all people.

David
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hate to say it, but my last new camera was the Nikon D2X. But before that it was the Hasselblad 503CW. My next camera will be a new 4x5. So I don't feel too guilty about it.

My last new 35mm film SLR was a second Nikon F4e in university. I don't even remember in what year I bought that camera.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin