Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,597   Online: 844

View Poll Results: When did you buy your last new 35mm camera from a dealer

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 to 3 years

68 43.04%
  • 4 to 8 years

34 21.52%
  • 9 to 13 years

11 6.96%
  • over 14 years

45 28.48%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1981...I think...it was my X700...allthe rest have been used.

Oops! Nope, I lied....1984: I bought my wife a 3xi

My wife bought one in 2003. But it doesn't count. Its one of d*g*t*l point and shoot thingees...and SHE bought it...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The last new camera I bought was a Nikon F2 photomic in 1972.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider
    I wonder how many people forgot they bought a digital camera?
    LOL, Yes I did, Bought one for my ex so she could shoot snaps of the grandchildren, used so little that everytime it was used,had to read the instruction manual again. gave up the ghost after about a yr and is now a paperweight on my computer desk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My last new 35mm was a Leica M7 in October last year.

T42

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm Like Bentley Boyd. My last new out of the box 35 was a Nikon F2, bought about 1975. I bought a used Leica M3 since. I use them both.

Henry Fisher

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In 1982 my old 35mm SLR failed, and it was clear that repair was not feasible. I did an exhaustive study starting with identifying my needs and wants, and then comparing those with the capabilities of all commercially available 35mm SLRs at the time. Made a decision to get rid of my old system entirely and start over with Nikon, centered about an FM-2. One of the factors on my wish list was for a system that would last a while, and the decision to go with Nikon was clearly correct since that system is still functioning very well - several thousand rolls of film later.

I also have an Olympus rangefinder that I purchased in 1978. It it a bit beat up - there is a serious dent on the top plate from the time that I dropped in on the pavement at Ghiradelli Square in San Francisco, and the self-timer lever got lost years ago. I've been using the same mercury battery since 1998 - but I have four spares for when it eventually fails. Have probably put a couple hundred rolls of film through it.

Four years ago, however, I did purchase a new camera. It was a 4x5 field camera. I fully expect it to last longer than the Nikons.

The beauty of these cameras is that they share something with the old slant-6 Plymouth my wife had when we got married - they are so basic that there's essentially nothing to go wrong. On the other hand, the Plymouth was a piece of junk that wouldn't go uphill. Can't say that for any of these cameras - they are real workhorses.

Shooter
    35mm
    The last new 35mm camera purchased by me was about four years ago when I saw the last remaining Yashica FX3 Super 2000 on a shelf of an electronics store that went out of business two weeks later. This is a sweet little camera that is bare bones, no frills and takes Zeiss c/y mount lenses. In fact the only "new" cameras that I have ever purchased has been two Yashica FX3 Super 2000's (I gave the first one to a girl friend -- she still uses it) and an Olympus point and shoot. All the rest of my gear, both past and present have been purchased used.

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think it was in 1973 or 1974 I bought my last 35 mm camera's and I still use them frequently without any problem. You all are not wondering if I tell you that this where Leica R3 camera's. The only repair where the lightseals at the back of these camera's.
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1998, a Rollei Prego Zoom P&S camera

2004, a Pentax Optio digital to replace the Prego

2006??? or whenever I have the money I'll buy a Bessaflex M42
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2005: 2xLeica M7, XpanII
    Today:fridge, 500 Tri-Xs

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin