Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,538   Posts: 1,572,755   Online: 831

View Poll Results: When did you buy your last new 35mm camera from a dealer

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 to 3 years

68 43.04%
  • 4 to 8 years

34 21.52%
  • 9 to 13 years

11 6.96%
  • over 14 years

45 28.48%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Leicaflex SL2 2002. Found in the camera store basement.
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Large Format
    Leica M6, 1994.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nikon FM3a with 45/2.8p lens 3 weeks ago.

After following this forum for a couple of months you all inspired me to return the fully automatic plastic thingie
    I had borrowed from a friend of mine and got myself something a little more manual.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I bought the new Zeiss Ikon a couple of months ago. Last year, a Rollei P&S. In 2003, the Hasselblad XPan and right before that the Rollei 35 RF. In 2002, a little Leica P&S for my wife. In 2001, another Rollei P&S. In 2000, a Nikon Pronea S (APS!). Then go all the way back to 1983 for a Rollei 35S (new).

In the meantime, four digitals -- of which only one continues to work correctly. Well, I guess the old 0.3MP Epson works but why bother. The digital is great when I'm overhauling a camera -- snap some photos if reassembly becomes tricky.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have purchased more used 35mm cameras than new. All of my medium and large format camera purchases were used. The following are the only 35mm cameras that I purchased brand new from a dealer:

1. Miranda Sensorex (1967 from Altmans in Chicago, Illinois)
    2. Nikon F2 (l971 from Fairchild Camera in Champaign, Illinois)
    3. Nikon F3 (sometime in the 1980s from 7th Street Camera in Fort Worth, Texas)
    4. Nikon F2 titanium (purchased two sometime in the 1980s; one from 7th Street Camera in Fort Worth, Texas and the other from B&H in New York)
    5. Nikon EM (purchased sometime in the 1980s from a dealer in Chicago or Texas)
    6. Underwater 35mm camera (2005 from Wal-Mart)

Of the six, the F2 I bought in 1971 and the underwater camera are the only ones I am still using.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If by "new" you mean "new to me" then: yesterday. If by new you mean factory new, 2000.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider
    I wonder how many people forgot they bought a digital camera?
    The poll actually specifies "35mm camera". Digital are excluded.

However, the poll lacks the case "never". I've never bought anything new, always used equipment. Which are the poll results so far?
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My answer has changed - it is now "A Nikon FM3a yesterday." I am a dyed-in-the-wool Pentax user (from back in the 60s, when Pentax was a serious pro brand) and usually have a Leica-type camera around too (at present Bessa T and L), although I avoid genuine Leicas after having been gouged by Leica UK's service department. I have also owned many Nikons sporadically. Be that as it may, I just could not let Nikon film cameras (virtually) disappear from the market without buying one for posterity (together with a mint 50 mm f1.4). I immediately loaded the camera with HP5+ and put in in the mini backpack I have with me all the time, with the resolve to do some PJ-style work. The FM3a seems to have all the good stuff that I am looking for (toughness, ability to keep going without battery, but also at least one AE program - got to be quick with 35!).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Sexy Red FED 5V directly from a dealer in Kiev!!! Granted, the camera was built in 1994, but it was 'brand new in the box'!

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco Gilardetti
    The poll actually specifies "35mm camera". Digital are excluded.

However, the poll lacks the case "never". I've never bought anything new, always used equipment. Which are the poll results so far?
    Hey Marco, when are you inviting us all to Italy for some wine and cooking?

Yes I realized that "D" was not an option, nor is it really 35mm, but it was too late to edit my post so it stood. Oh well.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin