Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,913   Online: 1036

View Poll Results: When did you buy your last new 35mm camera from a dealer

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 to 3 years

68 43.04%
  • 4 to 8 years

34 21.52%
  • 9 to 13 years

11 6.96%
  • over 14 years

45 28.48%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider
    Hey Marco, when are you inviting us all to Italy for some wine and cooking?
    Whenever you want, fellow! You may find italian prices raised JUST A BIT :rolleyes: since last time you visited the Country...

Now, if we could only manage to have some sheet film and some cibachrome, over wine and cheese...
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Factory new -- Pentax LX january 1981, still working just fine.
    Latest -- Pentax LX november 2005, got a good (very good) deal.
    Between them -- several used Pentaxes

-- MW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Minolta X-700 when they first came out, I've forgotten when that was. If I remember correctly, I wanted the OTF flash metering capability. The XD-11 I already had didn't have this. These were the only new cameras I have ever bought for myself and I still use both of them.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon FM3A one year ago - magic camera - use prime lenses only on assignments in Soho (London), Bologna and Naples. Can't see me ever using digital. Was away from photography for 20 years (what a waste!) but now its like I've never been gone - except for the digitally deluded with kit obsolete before it's even out of the box.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That would be around 1985 -- a Pentax 35mm P/S camera I bought for my (then) wife. She had gotten fed up with the Minolta XG-7 I had bought her a few years earlier. She felt it was too complicated for her.

The last brand new camera I bought for myself is the SRT-101 I bought in Vietnam in 1967. Since then, I've added a -201 and a -102 to my 35mm kit, but they were both purchased used.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From the sublime to the ridiculous. I bought a new P&S (Minolta 75W) on a trip to Paris last spring, when my old one died, then won a Leica MP in a competition with Amateur Photographer magazine. Guess which gets most use (it starts with an L).

David.

Shooter
    35mm
    Bought a new Nikon N75 last April, and a new Bessa R in August. When I win the lotto, I'll buy a new M7.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Woolliscroft
    From the sublime to the ridiculous. I bought a new P&S (Minolta 75W) on a trip to Paris last spring, when my old one died, then won a Leica MP in a competition with Amateur Photographer magazine. Guess which gets most use (it starts with an L).

David.
    Which Linhof ?
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My answer changed. Yesterday, Fuji Natura S.
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    35mm
    Contax G2 about 3 years ago. Paid lotsa $$$ for it, but is was so worth it. It remains my favorite camera of all time. Kyocera T4 Compact about 2-3 years ago (a camera with a Zeiss lens for $169???). A NIkon compact with a fixed 28 mm lens (a very good compact, too) about 9-10 years ago. A brand new Lubitel about 14-15 years ago, my frist venture into medium format. Everything else was picked up used including a Mamiya RB67 outfit, a Pentax SLR (a gift), A Kiev 88 kit, a Zorky-4 (my first camera), a Smena (let's not go there), a Vega compact. I am sure I've missed a camera or two but everything of significance is in this list.

I am looking to buy a NEW Mamiya 7II rangefinder (hopefully sooner than later) and Contax NX kits for $350-$400 are looking just too good at this price. Being a rangefinder user for the most time I am still not 100% convinced I want or need an SLR, regardless how good or bad it is, but I am a big fan of Zeiss glass and Contax design pholosophy. Too bad the brand is now on the virge of dissapearing. I hope a smart buyer comes across...

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin