Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,286   Posts: 1,535,278   Online: 885

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I can't seem to locate the link for the Braun camera. Can someone help me out here?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Magnus W. This Braun looks like another Cosina made camera like the old Yashica FX3 Super 2000 or the Nikon fm 2000.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is indeed great news, but are there yet any indications as to cost? I hope Zeiss doesn't price themselves out of the market when the tons of superb, existing Nikon glass can be had rather cheap.

I would be willing to pay extra for Zeiss glass, say, $400-$500 for the 50/1.4, but beyond that I can't see myself justifying it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I heard they'll also come with M42 mounted glass???
    More Bessaflexes coming? If it was true.. yipeee!!!

I just hope the sticker-shock will not give me a stroke :LOL:
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill
    Big question from the cheap seats,

Will these lenses work with the Non AI F mount as all my Nikons are vintage. I am thinking of building some lenses for my eye level prism F so I don't have to worry about the whole metering issue.

Bill
    The pictures on the Zeiss website show a prong mounted on each lens, so I think there would be no problem with vintage Nikons.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stephen Gandy said on the CVUG list that the 50/1.4 will retail for $500 in Japan.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Unfortunately, it also looks like these are all manual focus lenses. Also, lacking is Nikon's D chip. A day late, a dollar short.....

Funny, they would show these lenses mounted on a Nikon F6. http://www.zeiss.de/C12567A8003B8B6F...3/$File/03.jpg
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Its certainly slightly sub-optimal if they make just AI-S, not AI-P versions of the lens thus restricting them to F6, F100 and FM3A in recent camera body models. Hopefully they will contain the P chip ... It would make them so much more widely useable than just AI-S

Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell
    And from years of experience, this Zeiss glass is generally better than its reputation.

This is a big win for Nikon shooters.. like me ( having bagged my Contax SLRs out of frustration with getting service ! ).

I think I'll start with a 50/1.4.

With fries and a cherry coke.

Have you considered Glen Breton?
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin