Switch to English Language Passer en langue franηaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,773   Online: 926

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Zeiss announce Nikon mount lenses, and more

http://www.zeiss.de/de/photo/home_e.nsf

Here are links to updated Zeiss designs for:

• Nikon F mount;

• M-42 mount;

• a new camera from Braun using C/Y mount.

And, an article about Zeiss and film.

Good news, children !

d
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just looking at those lenses had me drooling. I want to know what the Distagon that's in the pictures is...they did a nice job of hiding what the other two lenses are other than showing enough to know that one's a Distagon and the other's a Makro-Planar. The 50/1.4 and 85/1.4 both look gorgeous though.

I was surprised that they mentioned the M42 mount lenses in the interview as being a good option for Canon shooters...Nikon F mount lenses are very easy to mount on Canon EOS bodies. But it looks like, for now at least, no native Canon lens mounts.

Still...I haven't been this excited about new equipment in a long time. I'm sure I won't be able to afford any of it, but it's nice to know the options will be there.

Interesting article on film too...worth the read.

Be well.
    Dave
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    M42 will work on my Canon FD bodies too. There was a Nikon F mount adapter for FD, but it's pretty hard to find, while M42 adapters are common and cheap. I've got a few of them.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And from years of experience, this Zeiss glass is generally better than its reputation.

This is a big win for Nikon shooters.. like me ( having bagged my Contax SLRs out of frustration with getting service ! ).

I think I'll start with a 50/1.4.

With fries and a cherry coke.

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Tellingly, the verbiage in Zeiss's Camera News article talks about the Contax incarnations of the 50 f/1.4 and the 85 f/1.4 -- both stupendous lenses and I'll bet they are essentailly the same lenses re-fit for N mount. Different in the barrel only.

So the Contax lenses I use on my Canon are still up to date

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KB • PhotoRant • PhotoPermit • APUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is very interesting and welcome news. As a reaction to all the doom and gloom about film I just bought a Nikon F2AS and was wondering what lenses to get for it. I also shoot Leica M's and was concerned that I might be dissapointed by older Nikkor lenses. (or is that just Leicaist hype?) It's going to be a bit hard to wait for summer for these to be available.

Richard Wasserman

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke
    Tellingly, the verbiage in Zeiss's Camera News article talks about the Contax incarnations of the 50 f/1.4 and the 85 f/1.4 -- both stupendous lenses and I'll bet they are essentailly the same lenses re-fit for N mount. Different in the barrel only.

So the Contax lenses I use on my Canon are still up to date
    Except they are changing the shape of the aperture blades - no more hexagons and such! They'll be round, just like my Zeiss rangefinder lenses from the 1950's!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is great news, the sea water had leaked out of my 105mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Big question from the cheap seats,

Will these lenses work with the Non AI F mount as all my Nikons are vintage. I am thinking of building some lenses for my eye level prism F so I don't have to worry about the whole metering issue.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill,

They should work with pre-AI (pin and yoke) cameras with no metering, or using stopped-down metering. I suspect that you could put a yoke on if you wanted one. www.aiconversions.com is a useful resource for this kind of thing.

Best,
    Helen

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin