Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,964   Online: 1030

Thread: Minolta XG9

Shooter
    Multi Format

Minolta XG9

I just got a Minolta XG9 & there seems to be dirt on the inside of the focusing screen. It looks as if I can take the screen out. How can I do this?

Thank you,

Craig

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The XG9 screen is not removable with out damaging the camera, the dirt will not affect the image at all, it is most likely in the prisim area, or could be reflecting off of the mirror, both of which are not in the film path. But again, the screen is not a removable or replaceable screen without completely dismantling the camera.

Dave

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

XG-9 eyepiece dirt

Craig, if you have more than one lens, check to see if it is there in both lenses, then you know it is in your camera. If it is not on your mirror then don't fret. If the camera still takes good images then you may have to do without a clear view if you want to use it. I had an old XE-4, XD-4, don't remember, but it had dark lines in a round pattern in the viewfinder, but it was there regardless of lens and not on the mirror, I don't have the camera anymore, but my ex-roommate has made some wonderful images with it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin