Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,590   Online: 844

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Minolta gone?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is the final straw. As soon as I can afford I'm dumping all my Maxxum equipment and buying Canon. I was about ready to buy a X1 but I'm not now.

Steve
    The soul never thinks without an image.
    - Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Juba
    Never used a Konica film or own a Minolta camera, therefore...!

Cheers

André
    To bad Andre' you don't know what you have been missing!

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by magic823
    This is the final straw. As soon as I can afford I'm dumping all my Maxxum equipment and buying Canon. I was about ready to buy a X1 but I'm not now.

Steve
    That would be cutting off your nose to spite your face. Olympus ditched the OM range, there's no way I'd sell my OM kit!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by magic823

Steve
    What does that accomplish???? you move to Canon and then Canon decides they are getting out of film? Are you going to ditch them and go to .....What????

Crips I am on the point and don't have nothing to shoot!

come on guys and gals, get over it, there is a massive amount of equipment out there....

I ain't ditching my Minolta gear and have been shooting it for 20 years + its good gear and will produce the images I was to shoot....

Knee Jerk Reactions to a changing market, seem to be real strong right now, but what about the millions of cameras that are still floating around!

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's not really surprising since Konica/Minolta has been pretty low-key in photography for some time now. They're into business machines, aren't they? Like Kyocera (of Yashica and Contax history)? Or is Kyocera now into camera phones? And Sony, king of consumer electronics, becomes a digital SLR force to be reckoned with? Nikon ceases making most film-based camera products? For 35mm, that leaves...who? Pentax, Canon and, peripherally, Leica?

So, when does Taco Bell get into the digital imaging business?

Shooter
    35mm
    I started photography about 20 years ago with a Konica Autoreflex TC that I still keep (but haven’t use in more than 10 years). At the time I “fetished” the Nikon F3 but I couldn’t understand why my cheap camera had a higher flash synch (1/125) and, friendlier to beginners, shutter speed priority than the Nikon. I also bought an used maxxum 7 last month that I’m enjoining very much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You guys are mixing things up here...

the Konica TC and the Minolta SRT are TWO completely different camera companies...

Konica bought out Minolta about two years ago to save the Business Machines division, Konica pretty much scaped cameras many years ago

But the company that announced it was getting out of cameras is nothing to do with Konica or Minolta...

In the whole scope of things, this is little more than a blip that should have happend two years ago, Konica is a Business Machine company now a days for the most part, the film division was really an after thought in the whole scope of things

When it comes down to it, the demise of Minolta cameras, actually should have happend two years ago, and Konica stepped in and gave us two years more...

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kunihiko
    Good-Bye Konica PAN

First time I have herd of it! I thought KM only makes colour neg and one Chromagenic these days, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    I'll miss the Konica/Minolta VX100 colour film.

It looks to me like the way things are going we will be left with the majority of bw materials coming from Ilford, maybe Efke and also Lucky, while the only player looking strong in the colour market is Fuji.
    I think I have about 16 rolls of it, I find it to be too slow for general use, I have yet to have one developed, only got it because it was so cheap, about 17p a roll!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Roach
    STEVE!

<i>Never been a user of Minolta SLRs, although when I did once try one of the SRTs I was impressed by its quietness and feeling of refinement.</i>

That is the first time I ever heard an SRT referred to as quiet. I'll agree with the refinement but my SRT101 is the loudest SLR I ever heard.
    Ever herd an OM30?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    As much as I prefer a modern camera, if I can't get one then I will take an old, used one instead. As long as I can keep pressing the shutter, and as long as I can continue to run film through it.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Shively
    So, when does Taco Bell get into the digital imaging business?
    I think Taco Bell should spare its burrito-making technology and low-wage operation skills to the film manufactures.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin