Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,844   Posts: 1,582,656   Online: 1058

Shooter
    35mm

Tests on the new Zeiss lenses

Irwin Puts has now tested all of the New Zeiss len focal lengths in M mount other than the 85mm. He of course compares them to the latest Leica lenses of the same focal lengths. I have found these tests and much else Mr. Puts has published on his website to be of interest. The Address is http://www.imx.nl Have a nice trip.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    35mm
    Claire,

Care to provide a brief summary?

Something about Puts' writing gets under my skin. The man is meticuluous, does great work, I'm glad he's there, but I have trouble making myself read his stuff. Maybe just a little too pedantic, or something.....

Actually, am not really sure why I'm asking. I have virtually no chance of affording either new Leica or Zeiss M-mount lenses! :rolleyes:

Jonathan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the link Claire, interesting articles.

Cheers

André

Shooter
    35mm
    I would be happy to provide a summary but I do not wish to put my words in Mr. Puts mouth. Feel free to ignore his website if he rankles you.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Claire, I was looking for his site, I had lost the bookmark. He has some pretty good technical discussions, and seems much more balanced than those people over at the "Luminious Idots" website.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin