Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,802   Posts: 1,671,665   Online: 898

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Having a F90X and a FE2 I'd recommend the F 100. It's bigger and heavier but the viewfinder is much better and works great with mf lenses I don't miss the splitscreen on my AF body. It is very easy to focus on the screen and the electronic rangefinder is very accurate.
    The F100 is also the cheapest way of getting full compatility backwards and forward since it takes both Ai- and G-lenses should you want to buy some of those. Yes you loose Matrixmetering with non-CPU lenses but its not a big loss.
    Regards Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks to all, though reading back I wasn't terribly clear. The plan is/was to use my current AF lenses and add cheap(er) AIS lenses in the future (for the FM3A), and I was concerned that the stock screen on the F100 was unsuitable for any kind of manual focus (as the screen on my D70 is kind of useless for it). But it appears the latter concern isn't anything to worry about.

I decided to order an 'excellent' F100 from KEH now with the last of my Paypal auction funds and look for a deal on an FM3A in a month or two. Best of both worlds, with any luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by celluloidpropaganda
    Thanks to all, though reading back I wasn't terribly clear. The plan is/was to use my current AF lenses and add cheap(er) AIS lenses in the future (for the FM3A), and I was concerned that the stock screen on the F100 was unsuitable for any kind of manual focus (as the screen on my D70 is kind of useless for it). But it appears the latter concern isn't anything to worry about.

I decided to order an 'excellent' F100 from KEH now with the last of my Paypal auction funds and look for a deal on an FM3A in a month or two. Best of both worlds, with any luck.
    I have a kind of sligtly used F100 that has been ran over a by a horse only once. If you are intersted, let me know, I can send peices at a time. LOL

Have fun..The F100 is a great camera.

Shane

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by celluloidpropaganda
    I picked up an 'ex' F100 from KEH last week after concluding that it's hard to chase my kids with the 8x10 and I shouldn't have sold mine a couple of years ago... Got my first couple of rolls back from the lab the other day (no tanks/reels for 35mm at home till yesterday) and I'm so happy I did...

Best of luck with the F100.

Shooter
    35mm
    When I was looking for a new 35mm SLR I was caught between the same two bodies (F100 and FM3a) I chose the FM3a because I still prefer manual focus and can still use my AF senses on it.

The viewfinder on the FM3a is not great, I do not wear glasses but either way I would suggest the additional DK-3 eyepiece attachment. It is made of soft rubber and should not interfere with your glasses, it does make using the camera much more pleasant, and it is cheap.

Good luck!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I own both, and wear glasses, and the FM3a isn't bad. The F100 doesn't have the split image rangefinder normally, although you can replace the focusing screen and get one if you like. The F100 is really a superior camera to the FM3a in most respects, but I really like using my FM3a for essentially irrational reasons and so my F100 doesn't get used as much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does the FM3a still switch on with the film wind lever, if so watch out if you are left eyed.

David.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If your budget can handle a F5 it has a built-in variable diopter. May negate your need to wear your glasses while shooting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin