Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,216   Posts: 1,532,127   Online: 1044

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    One thing that inexpert lens sellers will do is inspect a lens superficially by reflected light and describe it as perfect if they don't see anything amiss. Most nit-pickers (including myself) will inspect a lens by shining a torch through one end (on-axis) and viewing it at the other end slightly off-axis. If I see any specks, I regard this as incipient mold (inexpert sellers call it "dust"). I would avoid any lens at dealer prices with this manifestation, lenses via e-bay I accept if the specks are small and the price is low, but I will most likely send the lens in question for cleaning. I have learned from bitter experience that mold can grow in a lens AWFUL fast!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I always feel encouraged by a retailer who is willing to go out of their way to describe any and all faults, no matter how minor. I have seen lenses described to have "some minor dust" that, much as withthe scratches, I can not detect personally. But I will definitely consider givin by business to the retailer who leans that way rather than the other. These guys are out there and they deserve our business as a reward of their consciencious business practices. That's just my take on it...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin