Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,916   Online: 986

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess the battery can be replaced by zinc-air (hearing aid) batteries almost perfectly
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What makes or breaks a Pellix is the pellicle mirror. These are optical plastic (or something) and pretty much can't be cleaned without scratching the bejeezers out of it. And once the mirror is scratched, it's pretty much toast. They are interesting cameras though and definitely harken back to a different era. I've got a couple that I still use when the mood strikes.

Jim Bielecki

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    There is a company called Wiens who produce a zinc-air replacement battery, not the cheapest beastie in the store, but certainly available.
    Cooki

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    www.criscam.com may have the right battery adapter for the Pellix.

Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    35mm

Updates

thought I'd post an update on what I'm up to with the Pellix. I'm just running a trial roll through and have no photo results, so this update is mostly from reading the manual and posts in other places.

Meter batteries:
    Thanks to the advice I found here and in other places I have found a battery for the Pellix from www.vintagebatteries.com. The Wein cell seems to be the ideal replacement. Some people suggest using other zinc-air hearing-aid batteries and jamming them into place with O-rings. Of course, using silver-oxide batteries and compensating the exposure would work. I found getting the meter recalibrated would be the most expensive thing to do and so I didn't take that route.

Mirror issues:
    the mirror is certainly near impossible to clean as titrisol says. I am even nervous about using a compressed air blower on it.

As for exposure errors, the manual also recommends 1/2 stop overexposure with flash as Kark K said. with daylight it should be OK. the manual recommends using a lens hood when shooting bright objects and with flash.

I guess all said and done the Pellix might be an interesting curiosity to play with once in a while. I don't imagine it can be used for any critical shooting. I would certainly use it for casual/street photography except it's a monster to lug around

thanks for all the input.
    badri

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin