Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,942   Posts: 1,557,587   Online: 1194

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Eh, I think this is going to die. I'm liking how it feels to take photography down to the basics of composition without worrying so much about film speed and aperture. I'm thinking that I'll be using this camera a lot in the next few months and more once the rangefinderforum.com contest is over and done with. It has taught me a lot of things and made me rethink why I'm so interested in photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, here are a couple of mine. Negative scans with the dust and crap cleaned off. Taken with some pos plastic thing that I got on eBay. I don't have it any more, I don't think. It was about $2. These were taken two years ago and I am feeling inspired, I am going to try to print them up soon. Unfortunately, they are Kodak T400CN, so I am not sure how easy they are going to be to print.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p-s_1.jpg   p-s_2.jpg   p-s_3.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Awesome. See...we can all do interesting things with point and shoot cameras. I'm thinking about proposing a challenge...someone gets the new weird looking Fuji camera with the 22mm lens for doing it. It's a $20 prize that's kind of nifty when you like shooting these cameras. I may have to get myself one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steph? You're going to join the next Toy Camera Print Exchange, right? I hope you do!

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If someone can find me a reasonably priced fixed lens point and shoot I shall join. :P A Yashica T2 or T3 sounds about what I want and would probably be cheaper than a L-CA...at least from what I've seen on Ebay. :P

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim
    If someone can find me a reasonably priced fixed lens point and shoot I shall join. :P A Yashica T2 or T3 sounds about what I want and would probably be cheaper than a L-CA...at least from what I've seen on Ebay. :P
    I would recommend Olympus Stylus II if you could still find one. It's another nice-and-crappy plastic camera, which served me well in the past.

It popped open and died when I accidentally dropped it on a concrete floor, and that was the end of my journey with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, I want an LC-A...if I can find one in my under $100 price range...that's just what I've decided I want to spend. I don't want to make this a Leica-like purchase and I don't want to replace my rangefinder with it...I want something decent that will give me LC-A-type photos...so my best bet would probably be to just find an LC-A. Don't know yet, though...may decide on something else when the time comes. I still have to send in part of my tax return stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Honestly Stephanie you are much better off going for an XA-2. Same focusing system etc. but much more reliable. I have an LC-A and an XA2, I bought the LC-A in 1997, it still works but it eats batteries like Homer Simpson eats donuts.
    Now that Lomo have stopped manufacture of the LC-A the price will become disproportionately high compared to the quality of the camera.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It already has. I found one for $70 on Ebay, but the film wind is stuck. Most likely something I can fix myself, but it'll go before I actually have the money to get it.

I'm pretty much SOL for an LCA...I'm going to look into a Yashica T2 or T4 or the Olympus Stylus Epic.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I get incredible results from my XA-2 -- they are wonderful cameras.

These are little scans but the originals are very sharp - if the light is good enough that the zone focus is close enough then the results are good and they are so tiny and easy to carry.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin