Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,980   Online: 933

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Nikon Camera, Contax Extension Bellows

Came across a used Contax 35mm extension bellows this afternoon - in great shape and practically free (well, $30).

But I didn't buy it as I don't have a Contax camera. Is there a converter that will allow me to use it with my Nikon gear or am I out of luck?

If the latter, are there any Contax users out there who'd be interested in it? I'd be happy to nab it for a fellow APUGger.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't know if you can use the Contax bellows with a Nikon camera, but I might be interested on buying the bellows for my Contax RTS II.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Your going to pay a pretty high price to get an adapter to make this combo work, if I remember right there is a company in europe that can make an adapter for just about anything, but they start at $100 and go up from there, if your not looking for the auto features, you should be able to pick up a bellows for less than $50 or you can also pick up t-mount bellows for considerably less..I have one for my minolta that I use inexpensive M42 screw mount lenses on, that works great and I think I paid $10 for it.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    Your going to pay a pretty high price to get an adapter to make this combo work, if I remember right there is a company in europe that can make an adapter for just about anything, but they start at $100 and go up from there, if your not looking for the auto features, you should be able to pick up a bellows for less than $50 or you can also pick up t-mount bellows for considerably less..I have one for my minolta that I use inexpensive M42 screw mount lenses on, that works great and I think I paid $10 for it.

Dave
    Dave, the company is Novoflex. B&H sold their adapters the last time I looked. They're expensive, but can be found used on places like eBay.com and eBay.de.

In my experience, Novoflex adapters (female nearly any SLR to male M39x1, female M39x1 to male nearly any SLR) are much, much easier to find than the reverse T-mount adapter (female nearly anything-to-male M42x0.75) needed to put a lens on a T-mount bellows. And without the reverse t-mount adapter, a t-mount bellows is just another paperweight.

If you know a store that has a heap of reverse T adapters, please share the information.

On the whole, I think the original poster would do best to sell his bellows and buy one to fit the camera he uses. That will probably cost less and be less trouble than chasing adapters. Probably be quicker, too.

Cheers,

Dan
    Last edited by Dan Fromm; 02-25-2006 at 06:17 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: afterthought

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Dan,

I know Novaflex makes adapters, but there is another guy over in Europe that also makes adapters to cover just about anything, I read an article about his work in shutterbug a couple of years ago on adaping things to the EOS mount, such as the new devils cameras(digital)

I will have to see if I can dig that article out.

but I agree, in this day and age, getting one that fits your camera is going to be a whole lot less money that fooling around with adapters.

Talk to you soon.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Zoerkendorfer, perhaps?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin