Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,795   Online: 900

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Old Olympus XA 35 MM Camera

Found this camera last week in a old dusty box way back in my number 2 store room. Would any body no how old it might be or when it was made, took some color shots this week and they came out super nice and clean. description of the camera as you look at it from the front going left to right.
    In a small box it has flask-2.8-4-5.6-8-11-16-22=FNo. When you open the slide protecting the lens, on top of the slide is in Caps=XS. Around the lens in a circle it reads=Olympus F-ZUIKO 1:2.8-f=35mm, below the lens is the ASA settings from 25 to 800, below this is the focus slide, above the lens when you move the focus it reads=ff 2.8 4 8 oo ft, obove this is the veiw finder, in the veiw window when you move to focus the camera on the left side are numbers with a needle that goes up, the numbers are 1 2 4 6 15 30 60 125 250 500. It has an Electronic Flash A11, above this is a glass and i think a refelector, on the left you can move a ltlle side up and down with ASA settings=reads 400-full-100 On the bottom left to right, back light . + 1.5-check-self timer on the back left it has AUTO and below that are ASA numbers with lines going up, some are short and long, the Flash pops out on the top to the left side when you are using it, Thanks, Mike.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The XA is an old rangefinder. It's legendary for having a good, sharp lens in a very small body. One of the best compact rangefinders ever made. You have quite a nice one, there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you, that is good to no, would you recommend taking it to a good shop and have it gone thur and cleaned?
    Mike.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'd put a battery in it (you can find the information on the battery type if you Google the camera) and see if it works first. Does it look dirty?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by papisa
    Found this camera last week in a old dusty box way back in my number 2 store room. Would any body no how old it might be or when it was made, ...
    http://homepage.mac.com/mattdenton/p...lympus_xa.html

Worse deal I ever made was trading my XA and some cash for a Russian camera that lasted 1 day before breaking. Live and learn.

Cheers

David
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I really loved the little XA, fit very well in my pocket and made excellent pictures. I actually quit using mine because of a slight vignetting on full frame corners. When printing my negatives myself, or after having a lab print them there was a problem of darker corners than I liked. The vignetting was visable when I viewed my negs on the light table, so I put it away.

A really neat little guy that I should bring out of retirement and put back to work.

Charlie......................

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    It's a great "spy" camera also, to take candid shots. Just watch out for the light seals in the back. They tend to get all gooey.

Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    No, it is super clean inside, will find a battery for it, will try some black and white, which film would you recommend for B & W, never took any B and W, Thanks to all, have to say good night, i had rotator cup surgery mon. and have an 8 AM rehab to day.
    Mike.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's one hell of a camera - never leave home without it.Here's a shot made with that camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The XA was, and is, a very sweet little camera. Olympus always did put some pretty nice optics on their point-and-shoot cameras. Put some batteries in her and try her out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin