Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,928   Online: 1062

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Who to sell camera to?

I am planning on selling my Nikon F100 plus lense and switching over to a FM3a.
    My f100 was bought new and was only used once. I don't need all the bells and whistles and want to get back to a camera style I am more comfortable with. My question is. Where is the best place to sell it? KEH, EBAY or other. need help as I want to get my FM3a soon. I just want to get what the f100 is worth.
    Thanks
    Vollie

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    List it here. You need to be a subscriber but it's worth it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Tell me why it is worth it to advertise here and I will subscribe. I just checked KEH and was a bit disappointed with their offer. I also just became aware that the FM3a is going to be hard to acquire.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You may also list it to trade or sell. This place is worth the subscription, you'll learn more than you ever thought you didn't know.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vollie
    Tell me why it is worth it to advertise here and I will subscribe. I just checked KEH and was a bit disappointed with their offer. I also just became aware that the FM3a is going to be hard to acquire.
    It was worth posting a message to ask for information was it not, I think you have answered your own questions, in reality, you have already posted an ad, without being a subscriber, but again, apparently, there was enough information here to make you ask?

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vollie
    Its a kind of quid pro quo. You get to list your camera for the price you want to a pre-qualified market of 11,151 photographers. No risk of a low bid, or accepting an amount below what you think its worth. It will cost you 25.00.

In addition you will have full access to the site and may be able to help others, make friends or business contacts as well as learn something yourself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The ultimate worth of subscribing is really up to you...aside from selling your camera is there anything else you would want from this site? If not you have a few options to sell your equipment...as you have found out KEH and other will offer only a fraction of what you feel the equipment is worth, but that is because they will have to hold onto the equipment until someone else wants to purchase it. you could try to sell it on ebay or another auction site and hope to either sell it for a price you think is fair (but then you have to hope that the people looking would agree with you on that price) or take a chance and let the bidding go where it may. You could also take an ad out in a local paper and hope that someone wants it, and that your audience is at least 11000+. So unless you just find someone that wants to purchase the equipment, it will probably cost you at least $25, and you may or may not reach the same size group....Just some thoughts.

Good Luck either way.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Are you here to sell your gear or to be part of a traditional, non-digital photographic community?

If you are here simply to sell your gear, this is not the place for you.

But if you are here to learn and teach traditional photography, then this is your home sweet home.

Shooter
    35mm
    Wow! I hope you guys didn't think I was coming off as a smart-alec when I asked why it was worth it to subscribe! Seriously, I was considering subscribing just yesterday, not because I wanted to sell something but because I want to look at the galleries.
    I will subscribe tonight....I promise...I LOVE this site!!!! I actually waste (utelize) a lot of time just cruising the topics and threads on APUG.
    Thanks for the good advice. I will post the camera at this site soon after I subscribe, but before then I will just look at the galleries.
    Vollie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Put it up on eBay. Sell to the highest bidder.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin