Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,701   Posts: 1,482,636   Online: 768

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Oh NO! I've done IT again!!!

This a.m., while innocently looking for a small part for my EOS 620 on The ACH!-Shun Site I came across a listing for an EOS 630 with grip, strap, new battery and manual. Being fascinated with it being a real metal bodied camera (as opposed to the polymer bodies of the 620 and 650 that I already own)- I just couldn't resist the Buy-it–now price of $53.00! It's been at least 6 (I think) weeks since I've done this!!! :o

If anyone would like to give a mini-review of the EOS-630 or otherwise comment on this compulsive aquisition, please feel free to do so.

p.s.
    (I've always been amazed at how well my 650 and 620 have continued to work flawlessly for about 20 years!)
    Last edited by Changeling1; 03-07-2006 at 03:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    35mm
    Congratulations on your NEW camera. I owned and 620 briefly before buying my 630. There are basically no differences other that higher flash sinc on the 620 and faster frame rate on the 630. I also think the 630 has some special programming modes but I never use them. The reason I preferred the 630 over the 620 is because you can leave the film lead out by means of a custom function. How much do I like my 630? I just paid $140 to get the rewind mechanism fixed, the same money I paid for the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I didn't know Canon made LF cameras
    Cheers Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren
    I didn't know Canon made LF cameras
    Cheers Søren
    I know, my condition has been deteriorating rapidly!
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dolande
    Congratulations on your NEW camera. I owned and 620 briefly before buying my 630. There are basically no differences other that higher flash sinc on the 620 and faster frame rate on the 630. I also think the 630 has some special programming modes but I never use them. The reason I preferred the 630 over the 620 is because you can leave the film lead out by means of a custom function. How much do I like my 630? I just paid $140 to get the rewind mechanism fixed, the same money I paid for the camera.
    Thanks dolande! I'll try to give this 630 a nice home (with plenty of company)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin