Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,673   Online: 786

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mawz
    These are priced reasonably. Better than some equivalents as a matter of fact.
    Then they just might sell a few....

I would hate to see a good effort, like this, fall on its face because not enough people would buty the product.

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    Well firstly I am sorry to confuse the issue by the way I wrote the link. My intellectual glue pot is empty and my mental scissors too dull.
    Well young missy Claire... still don't smell the coffee do ya? Too dull to get the cut? Sorry.. SPUR Orthopan UR can't and won't (and I won't either tell you what emulusion it is as that would ruin the marketing fun) resolve 400+ lp/mm in pictorial contrast..
    And... yes.. if you still can't add... I know Schain.... as Gomer would say.. Surprize Surprize Surprize...
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by edz
    Well young missy Claire... (snip) Surprize Surprize Surprize...
    I am laughing; Laughing, I am. This is one of the funnier posts I've ever read here on APUG!

If you look in the mirror... you, too, should be laughing!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    Please Mr EDZ do not read this as it will only upset you and we will be forced to listen to a rant.
    Or perhaps to a seriously funny misprision.

Young? Missy?

Claire, did you go on one of those TV makeover shows and have the good doctors confuse you with someone else? I'm trying to picture you as a very sober 19 year old female with no sense of humor and no appreciation for language, but hard as I try, I'm not getting there.

Lee

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format

Resolution is not super-additive

The issue is quite simple. Doing a "ideal" contact print and developing to continuous tone of SPUR Orthopan UR film material won't and can't deliver 400 lp/mm. It can't deliver 350 lp/mm either--- the maker of the film puts the figure much lower. All the self-proclaimed optical tzadiks at Zeiss can't change this and make a camera and lens based optical system deliver 400 lp/mm in continuous tone (pictorial contrast) using a film that can deliver, at best, a signifcantly lower resolution in ideal contract prints. What Zeiss might be able to design (and I trust they could) is a system to deliver 400 lp/mm at high contrast--- the said film can deliver significantly more than 400 lp/mm in ideal contract prints at, for instance, 1:1000. For document copy systems this is cool and a milestone but totally irrelevant to the said SPUR developers and OEMed microfilms. It, however, makes good misleading copy. Zeiss wants to sell objectives to techie-twits and this is the kind of specifications that get them all stiff. The realities that the differences in the final print in real continuous tone pictorial photographic systems (the whole process chain from capture to print) between the new Zeiss wunderglass and a well crafted photograph using fine grained film in a 1940 camera in standard enlargement ratios (even up to 12x16" prints from 35mm negatives) using standard enlargers and paper is less than spectacular is aside the marketing point......

Where the microfilm approach, however, does really show-off is in large enlargement ratios which are not as uncommon in subminiature photographic praxis. In MINOX systems (which includes a camera with high resolution objective, loads of depth-of-field and flat film which then get enlarged using modified point-source enlargers) we have gotten some quite amazing results...
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin