Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,644   Online: 761

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My name is Kent, and I too am a cameraholic.

The best thing that ever happened to me was when (last year) I hit my PayPal spending limit and I couldn't use it until I became a 'verified' member. It forced me to really reflect on whether or not I really 'needed' an item

Last month, I became a 'verified' member, and I've found myself saying to my wife, when yet another parcel arrives: 'But keep it in perspective honey, I don't drink and don't smoke, this is my addiction!!!'

Even though I have a perfectly functioning FED 5V, I just had to go an order a Zorki 4 from Alex last week...Well, I really 'need' a better viewfinder, and it comes with a J-8, and, well, it's not as ugly as the FED etc etc. Justifications be d**ned, I just wanted another FSU rangefinder! I haven't even received the Zorki yet, and I'm already thinking that I 'need' a FED 2.

I'm with Mike on this one, PayPal is like Crack.

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Would some of you experienced camera junkies please convince me I don't need a Horizon panorama camera???
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Or that I don't need a Westminster Whole Plate Field Camera?
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format

Remembering.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Would some of you experienced camera junkies please convince me I don't need a Horizon panorama camera???
    It reminds me of my schooldays when the photographer used a similar panoramic camera with a swinging lens to take the class photograph, and if at the moment of exposure the kid at the end of the back row ran from one side of it to the other he could be in the picture twice, but I digress.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 03-11-2006 at 09:20 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: missed word

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hi my name is Brad and I am an equipment junkie.

(ALL): "HI Brad!"

It all started some thirty years ago. I was just a teen. Someone put a beat up, old pentax in my hands, taught me how to dev and print my own and I was hooked. Over the years, the addiction waxed and waned. I stayed off the equipment for almost ten years once.

A few years ago, after all those years of experimenting with the 35mm gateway equipment, the old addiction flared it's ugly head again and this time, it had taken a bigger form...er, format. I stepped up to 4x5...then a week ago, almost by accident, I moved into the heavy stuff....5x7. I need help. I tried quitting ebay to no avail. A new account under a new name and I was back up and running.

I've got a sinar in the closet. I keep a Crown Graphic in my lunch box and sneek out at lunctime to shoot E6. There's 5x7 Burke and James enroute....and then there's the glass...Oh, G-d, the glass....(sobbing uncontrollably)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stephanie, I have a Falcon Miniature Deluxe (same basic camera) that I use a lot. It takes half-frame 127 images. Tiny but I love the Holga-ish vignetting. One of my favorite images is actally a triptychy set from a shoot in the Blue Hills Reservation: here. I use it for the header image on my blog (here )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentley Boyd
    Been there, got the T shirt Peter, I know we all joke about being camera junkys, myself included , but there are serious questions to be asked here like, what do you do when you have every conceivable camera and accessory known to man, and your pictures are still crap ? at what point does buying photographic equipment become mental illness ?.
    Ben,

I think you are onto something here, perhaps a significant medical discovery!
    I think we have identified a different strain of this illness: I for one, have no hope that the next camera will make my pictures anything other than crap - I just get giddy holding another old, forlorne camera in my hands, giving it hte love it needs (I guess I am an aspiring co-dependant)
    Then there are the people who chase the "magic bullet", the people who thin that if they just got that (insert camera/lens name here), they would solve their problems!
    I wonder if we would need separate support groups for those two sub-sets, I would hate to see brawl break out over the motives

Be well,

Peter.

PS. Sorry about my posts today being riddled with typos - I cut my finger and have trouble typing...
    Last edited by gnashings; 03-11-2006 at 01:32 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: i can't type

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anybody know where I can get some Autographic A-122 film?

[COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What about the related addiction, you know the one that causes you to say "..but if I just try this developer and film it might just be the last one, and while I'm buying those it makes sense to use the postage for that processor/enlarger/washer (delete as appropriate) that I was thinking about" or is it only me ?

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ralph,
    Film for Classics sells 122 film. Check their website. http://www.filmforclassics.com/
    Diane

Halak 41

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin