Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,165   Online: 804

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Confessions of a camera junkie.

I just gambled a bit. You can see the cameras linked here. I'm nuts. If anyone has some 127 film that's older than the hills that they want to get rid of, let me know.

The Petri is going to be interesting if it works...the Falcon even more so. I think I'm going to like both cameras.

Edit: Note that I am semi-serious about the film thing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Stephanie, my name is Peter and I... too... am... a camera junky.
    I have a rare mental disorder that prevents me from understanding the word "need" - as in: "Do I really need that camera?"
    I am afraid there is no cure

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm so glad I'm not alone anymore!
    Nikki

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese Proverb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes...it is good to know that you're not alone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My favorite junk camera is world's very first autofocus camera:
    http://tibikoron.web.infoseek.co.jp/konicac35af.htm

I also have the world's first camera with automated film winder, the world's first camera with built-in flash, the world's first camera with exposure automation, etc... ALL from a single manufacturer.

Now that company abandoned camera business altogether!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ya me too

I picked up a Yashica 127 instamatic. It is the nicest made cameras of its type i have seen. Really solid and well finished. too bad i don't have any film for it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My name is Michael and I am a cameraholic.
    Thought about setting up a 12 step group to assist and counsel fellow addicts but we could never gather enough members because everyone was off getting wasted on a deadly combination of rangefinders and Tri-X- .
    If it holds film a need to have it. NO,I MUST have it!

There is a way to manage your addiction. A methadone treatment for those of us who are fixated with things that go "click" in the night.
    Step #1 : Bail out of paypal. That racket is the crack cocaine of camera addiction. One hit of a button and the object is yours.
    I found myself at rock bottom last winter. Three in the morning sitting at the computer, staring at an auction that was almost over and just waiting to out bid the other guy for some ole' beater. Knowing all the while that the shipping charge was twice the price of the camera. YIKES!!
    Its a sickness but it can be managed.

My name is Mike (not Bill)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm seriously *always* looking for neat old cameras. I love toy cameras and junk cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Seriously

Quote Originally Posted by gnashings
    Hi Stephanie, my name is Peter and I... too... am... a camera junky.
    I have a rare mental disorder that prevents me from understanding the word "need" - as in: "Do I really need that camera?"
    I am afraid there is no cure
    Been there, got the T shirt Peter, I know we all joke about being camera junkys, myself included , but there are serious questions to be asked here like, what do you do when you have every conceivable camera and accessory known to man, and your pictures are still crap ? at what point does buying photographic equipment become mental illness ?.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Let's see I have a brother with a 32 foot cabin cruiser another brother with his own airplane and yet another brother with a winter home on a golf course in florida. Sooo collecting cameras isn't such a bad thing. Other then the fact that I may have to buy a bigger house to store all of them.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin