Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,816   Posts: 1,581,633   Online: 852

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Stop down metering with Nikon

I recently acquired a really nice Nikon 20mm UD Nikkor, which is a non-AI lens.

I use a Nikon FE2 - can someone let me know the correct procedure to meter with this lens?

Many thanks,

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format

Stop down metering with FE2..

Matt : from the FE2 instruction book : " Lenses with auto diaphragms : camera set "Auto" :depress d.o.f lever all the way,and,while holding it in,take the shot.Or: depress dof lever,hold it in,push the self timer lever towards the camera body to lock in the exposure setting and take the shot.
    Camera on Manual setting: Match the needle( & green bar) by adjusting shutter/diaphragm, while holding in the dof lever. Then release the lever and take the shot".
    Note : make sure the lens clears the meter coupling lever when fitted, or you will damage the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for that!

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Won't the aperture ring bind the meter coupling? You might need the lens AI'd.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since I find through the lens metering with pre-AI and preset lenses to be a pain, I usually just use a hand meter to determine exposure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mounting this lens on the FE2 will very likely break or damage your AI meter coupling tab unless you have it AI-modified.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin