Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,385   Online: 1067

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Stephanie,
    Then, go for it !

I'm even considering buy one more.
    Mine is always loaded with 1600 color neg. I would like to have one for B&W.
    NP mode tends to over-expose by 2EV or bit less with high speed film(DX code). It means that say, DELTA3200 should be exposed as somewhere around EI800 to 1000. It sounds nice, doesn't it ?
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim
    I HATE flash photography. I've never gotten anything to come out looking good using a flash. I know this is just me not knowing how to correctly use one, but if I can get the same (or better) results by using a higher speed film or lowering my shutter speed...why use a flash?
    I tend to agree... In-camera flash is a terrible light source for all but very subtle fill light. I'd rather not have a flash in the camera but have a standard infrared (or radio) trigger built in the camera, so that I can use a separate flash unit ("slave" except this is the only flash in this case) at an arm's length away from the camera. But I can easily see this is a minority opinion for the p&s market. (A lot of good products I like are not best sellers... sad.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kunihiko
    Just a little confirmation, Natura S doesn't have manual EX-comp. What Helen is using is Natura Black, I think.

firecracker,
    I like my Natura S as a good P&S, but it's a P&S.
    24mm f/1.9 is charming, it's a good glass, I tell you. But I don't think the glass is what the Natura Camera is. I think the NP mode is.
    You might have already read this. If not, take a look. It's interesting.
    http://www.fujifilm.co.jp/corporate/..._rd050_002.pdf
    Yes, I hadn't realised that there was a difference between the 'Black' and the S. I do have the Black.

That link you give is interesting - even without being able to read Japanese I can see how the NP program works. If I understand correctly, the shutter speeds below 1/45 are only available in the non-NP mode, which makes me more inclined to alter the DX code for Natura 1600 to 800.

I took some test pictures in bright sunshine with Natura 1600 and I'll post the results as soon as I get them.

Best,
    Helen

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin